Phasmids!

IrishLad17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Im so happy! I just got three baby Northern Walking Sticks (but then again they do kinda look like Indian Walking Sticks) I didnt buy them from a store, my friend had a female that laid eggs so it is possible he mis identified them. Either way I have three very small walking sticks and they're so cute! lol (very slow though) I was just wondering though, how often do they moult when they're little, they are maybe 3/4 to one inch right now. Also, do you know if they'll eat anything else besides rose and bramble?

reptillian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
they will also eat oak, pyracantha, rose, rasberry, hawthorn, privet and some have been known to eat romaine lettace. I keep one giant spiny stick insect and am looking to purchase a female one as my current one is a male. Then ill breed them. yours should be hermaphrodite so that means they contain both male and female sex parts so when they are adults should lay eggs without breeding. If you have the indian stick insects then in thier adult lives they will lay three eggs a day.

reptillian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im not sure on sheds but i predict about eight times untill they are adult because thats how many a preying mantis sheds.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A friend of mine used to raise walking sticks and she fed rhododendron to hers as a backup to the caneberries.

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i find that feding them bramble is one off the best things to feed them in captivity..