What kind of roaches are these?

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey cool thats the same type as my m8 has got!!! his 1 is only about 1cm we thought it was a hisser but i think it is not!! not sure what type it is lol!!! :confused:

JonDaAzn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thats cool that you got a culture with both males and females, since the females can reproduce on their own

sbear

Arachnopeon
it looks like they are the kind that the spider up there is gonna eat. What are a feeding?

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i couldnt find them on angle fire. i wonder what type off roach they are...... there are the unidentified raoch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reptillian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have got the same one and i dont know what it is. im roach dudes m8. the unidentified cockroach. (uc) for short!

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the uc has baffeled me!!!!!!!!
can any1 help us with our mystery!!!!! :? :? :wall:
it confusing me :wall: :wall:

Last edited:

Drosera123

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Actually, its quite well identified.

Surinam cockroach Pycnoscelus surinamensis

Sorry to dissapoint you, lol.
Steve

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
JonDaAzn said:
thats cool that you got a culture with both males and females, since the females can reproduce on their own
Definitely the Surinam cockroach Pycnoscelus surinamensis.
I'm not sure who said they have both males and females? The pics are of a sub-adult nymph and an adult female. As far as I know they are strictly parthenogenic, and never have males, but I've been wrong before........

Israel2004

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No males of this species are found in the U.S. and it reproduces parthenogenetically. In Europe and Indo-Malaysia it has two sexes.

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Israel2004 said:
No males of this species are found in the U.S. and it reproduces parthenogenetically. In Europe and Indo-Malaysia it has two sexes.
Good to know. Thanks!

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Hi Jessy,
I've seen stock from European breeders and from various worlwide collection locale and have not seen any with males yet. Also those pics don't have males, which would be notably smaller.