Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice pics.
I almost start to figure out what a mantid is LOL
T's are so much easier x)

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nice pics!!!! what kinda mantis is that?? number 9 flowermantis??

Sheldy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the photos contain the following:
creobroter gemmatus
pseudocreobroter whalbergii
hymenopus coronatus
rhombadera basalis
phylocrania paradoxa
hierodula grandis
deroplatys dessicata
sphrodommantis centralis hatchlings
DUCKY!

Last edited:

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi sheldon,

Great pictures, i particuarly like the last one ;) :D Have you decided what to do with Ducky yet? are you going to keep him?

Btw, the mantids you gave me are all doing well, they have all molted once without any problems.

arachnojules

Arachnopeon
those are nice pics and beautiful mantids! i've never kept mantids, but i thought they were cannibalistic and it looks like you keep them together. can only certain species or same gender be together? or is it ok if they have enough food and space? just curious! thanks

Sheldy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Dan, Still not 100% on ducky, but the situation has changed alot for the better ;) Are you still contemplating getting a parrot?
Good news about the grandis , hope they carry on doing so well. I just got myself a female dead leaf 5 devils flowers and 4 more orchid mantids so im happy...might need to borrow your camera though!
Thanks for the compliment Jules, but no they are not communual with the exception of the violin mantis. I just made sure that my mantids we're eating or were fed well when i took these photos.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice pics, those are some nice mantids. i especially like the P. paradoxas, i have been considering getting one in the future. they are so cool and leafy...