Id this alien please

Arachnoboy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Bought a book that's called "rainforests",it's an old book (1988) and inside is a picture of some sort of insect. Anyone who's got any idea of what it is??
There is no explanation in the book,it says: Only a few scientists has worked with this group of insects,their way of life is unknown,it is also unknown if this is the larvae stage or an adult specimen.

Ken

Last edited:

Dark Raptor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Last edited:

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is crazy looking. Looks like a trilobite. I want one, but only if it'll stay in its larvae stage :D

Dark Raptor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As I know, they don't glow. But they are close relatives of Lampyridae beetles.

Malkavian

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I swear I've seen something similar to that crawing in the bottom of an NC backwater creek....was something like 16 years ago though so my memory could be fuzzy..

JonDaAzn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah, they have something similar in california, i remember catching them in creeks as a kid

Scythemantis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is crazy looking. Looks like a trilobite. I want one, but only if it'll stay in its larvae stage
Apparently the females not only do just that, but continue growing larger! They seem to be over an inch or two in length, not too shabby. It's a shame they're apparently so rare and obscure.