How much time do you generally spend on your Ts every day?

How much time do you generally spend on your Ts every day?

• Less than 5 min

Votes: 27 11.4%
  • about 10 min

Votes: 46 19.5%
  • about 20 min

Votes: 48 20.3%
  • about 30 min

Votes: 39 16.5%
  • about 45 min

Votes: 18 7.6%
  • 1 hour or more

Votes: 58 24.6%

• Total voters

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
This is my first attempt at a poll... so if it doesn't work... well errm :eek:

Time spent would be considered your first checkup in the morning, any maintenance during the day, goodnight kisses and all the rest of the spectrum ;)

If you want to write a few words about what would be standard things please go ahead!

For me it's like that I do the T check first thing in the morning and last thing before I go to bed. Everywhere between things obviously vary a bit from day to day. But the morning and evening thing are basically instinct now. I don't even think about them anymore.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
About 15-20 minutes a day is sufficient unless there are a lot of slings to tend or a medical problem.

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'd say about a good 20 minutes a day, considering feeding/cleaning and watching. Somtimes more and very rarely less.

Ishkabibble

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It pretty much depends on the behavior of the OBT'S. If they're quiet, I usually spend only 30-45 min. with the T's. Then it's on to the Amphibs, and then the herps. However if the OBT's are acting up (making picket signs, planning escapes, etc...) it can add up. They're worse than any other/all the rest of the T's combined, including the H. Lividum. Sneeky LB's!!!!!

Brando

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i only have one T at the moment so i spend less then 5 min a day, usually just to see how its doing and check if it needs anything (water or food). But i do watch it more then 10 minutes a day, just because its fascinating. I think i have spent more time maintaining my cricket carrier thing than I did my T today.

Freddie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How you can answer to this if you dont "spend time" with them every day?
Average of week?

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
In that case I would say it sounds like less than 5 minutes. Alternatively you could start spening more time on your Ts so you can up your rating :D

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'd have to say that I spend between 10 and 20 minutes a day with my T's. Feeding up's the time a bit, but there are other days where everybody's fine, and I just go in and water everybody.

It takes me probably 1 to 1.5 hrs. to feed and water everything in this house. Which doesn't include me..that would include the cat, 6 herps (that doesn't include feeding all of the snakes..that takes quite a bit longer!) the roaches, the crickets, the T's. Nothing like scrubbing your hands about 6 times a night becuase you've got new animals in quarentine. ;P

Last edited:

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
I could easily spend 2 hours feeding and watering all my pets. I have Iguanas, T's, Scorps and a bunch of snakes. Between cutting up fresh greens everyday for the Iguanas and watering could take me 30 minutes.

I go down and usually come back up in 3 hours. I have a nice area set up. When you go in the room, it is set up like a jungle. You swear that you have just walked right into Costa Rica between the sounds, smell of plants, feel of humidity and mist, and temperature.

Most of the time is just observing all of them.

Dark Raptor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I spend more than 40 minutes on my T's. I love watching them.
I have also large number of other invertebrates, so I spend more than one and half hour on my animals.

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
I am in there many times throughout the day. Sometimes its for a 30 second once over and sometimes for cleaning or misting or what ever.

Tarantula-Kid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sometimes I spend just a few minutes. Sometimes I just watch them for a long time. I wish I had enough time to just watch them. Mom and Dad let me move two chalcodes into the den because they have a desert theme. Now I get to watch them throughout the day.

Elizabeth

jdcarrel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would be interested to see how much time the online dealers spend a day.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
So far today I think I spent 20 minutes alone just getting her outa the deli cup. She was trying so hard to make an escape. She just stuck the side of deli cup near the lide waiting for to open it again. I finally coaxed her a little bit to move and then I gave her a little shake then she relized that her home was now the kritter keeper. I also spent a about 10 minutes preparing the keeper. I expect to spend most of tomorrow setting up her permenant home in the 10 gallon terrarium. So that was my day today :?

MrsT

Arachnopeon
I voted less than 5 mins, but other days they get lots of attention, I have so many herps, I set a side certain times of the day for some of them, others only get every other day, I have 18 snakes, 8 lizards, 2 dogs and a parakeet, besides my 7 Ts :D

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
on my B.Smithi about 2 mins, just giving it a spray and checking for dead pray items, and same with my avic avic. But the H.Lividum i spend i bit more time over, about 15 mins dont want to be careless or disturb it otherwise my hands coming off