Jh mimics

Vayu Son

Old Timer
http://www.pestproducts.com/igr.htm

Jh mimics are a type of "pest" control that disrupt the lifecycle of certain insects metamorphosis. The chemicals prevent the insects from entering adulthood, and thusly reproducing. Unfortunately all these juvenile insects can create quite a mess and cannot be charged legally for any crimes commited.

Jh mimics are safe around humans because we do not have larval stages or anything remotely analogous to the insect lifecycle. I would not personally eat any, but it is a big improvement on other insecticides. In general these chemicals are open to debate, as the main product does its job but the leftovers kill just about anything else. The union carbide plant disaster was manufacturing chemicals commonly used in pest control.

I would reccomend further research into any chemical method of control, however these seem to be promising. The website is commercially aimed and while providing a brief summary of the IGR chemicals does not provide real data of the effect of the chemical on human populations or other animals they may have tested on.

If you are looking for roach control, I would suggest a marginal amount of vaseline. They cannot walk past the slimy surface and will eat, drink, and reproduce at your desire.

-JNB

>Vayu<

Please post any opinions you may have on insecticides or "juvenile hormone" mimics.