Loch Ness monster *pics*

Freddie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I took several pics of it when i was in Scotland and here's few ;)

Enjoy!

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice lobster! how large is it? i used to have a juvenile, but it kept escaping when my family and i weren't home. once, we even found that it traveled across my room, across the upstairs hallway, down the stars and across the dining room at the bottom!

Scythemantis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful photos of a beautiful animal. I had a duller colored one as a child (still blue, but more greyish). I only kept her in a fishbowl, not knowing any better, but regardless she lived for seven years and was already adult sized when I originally got her. My cousin, a toddler at the time, had killed her by dumping various things (food, toys, who knows what else) in the bowl while I wasn't there.

Last edited:

Freddie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Molitor said:
nice lobster! how large is it? i used to have a juvenile, but it kept escaping when my family and i weren't home.
Hard to say how big it is because it's not mine. Adult i guess so... i dont know from where to where i should say "how big it is" but the whole lenght is about 15cm (a bit under 6").

I dont know practically anything about it but i really liked it. It killed her partner (ex-owner guessed that it would be she, i dont know... :rolleyes: ) and then he gave it to my friend. Im pretty interested in it myself - i think it's quite beautiful. :)

Mandi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
okay, being a cajun i have to say this...

that picture made me hungry LOL

they make cool pets though Whenever we have a crawfish boil, i end up grabbing one of the mudbugs to keep as a pet.

Freddie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL
I cant say that looking at that would make me hungry cos i practically dont eat any sea food. I wouldnt keep one as a pet or on the plate.

NoS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wouldnt mind having one or more of these. Though they are not communal so I would only get one. I read that one link and it said 20 gals to 1. That seems a bit much doesnt it?
I am not much of a fish person so I really wouldnt want a fish set up, but I would do a set up for one of these. I wonder what else you could cohabitat with it? Something else that would be sorta rare and neat?
Any suggestions?

Scythemantis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They'll eat anything they can get ahold of, and anything too large for them to eat will probably be a bigger threat to the crawfish.

Black Hawk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
aww crawfish...once in my third grade class we took care of them (except they were of the red variety) as a project. my teacher,very nice (and knowing i loved the project) sent them home with me. for a while i had a few adult and over 50+ little babys about an inch long, the crawfish breed while the project was happening, needless to say. that spring, i let them go in a local creek. i've seen the blue one's chillin in the bottom of the river about a half mile away from my house.
i also have a crawfish trap. loads of fun. btw, crawfish is very tasty :D

Stardust

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow...that's a nice crayfish u have in ur possesion.Too bad we dun have the blue coloured type for sale on my side...Always see the common and red ones... :D

Mantid Mafia

Arachnopeon
Excellent electric blue lobster.....I had one of those in my tank along with a large sized albino Oscar...one day I noticed "scaring" on the Oscar..I couldnt figure out from what..finally I caught the Oscar and the lobster literally "boxing" one another..the Oscar would try to bite the lobster and the lobster would put a nasty pinch on the Oscar...I had them both in the same tank for over a year before I gave the tanks away...very tough and aggressive crayfish.

Freddie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Black Hawk said:
aww crawfish..
i also have a crawfish trap. loads of fun. btw, crawfish is very tasty :D
I still dont eat them x)
Stardust said:
Wow...that's a nice crayfish u have in ur possesion.Too bad we dun have the blue coloured type for sale on my side...Always see the common and red ones...
I have never seen any kind of crayfish for sale here. I dont know where that friend's friend found it originally.
Mantid Mafia said:
Excellent electric blue lobster...finally I caught the Oscar and the lobster literally "boxing" one another..the Oscar would try to bite the lobster and the lobster would put a nasty pinch on the Oscar..very tough and aggressive crayfish.
I have understood too that they can be very aggressive but i dont have experience of that.

Heartfang: No, it is really cute and swim backwards ;)
Kid Dragon: Thanks, i can send it to you if you wanna eat it lol

IrishLad17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow thats a really nice lookin crayfish. I wish mine was more brillaniantly colored, instead of the boring tan color he is. But I still love him! But after he moulted it seems that he has gotten a bit more color.