Bubba the Lobster Died :(

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Well apprently "Bubba" the lobster died. He held the record for the biggest lobster. He was caught and was in the process of being transferred to the Pittsburg Zoo and died at the zoo. He lived from circa 1905-2005, a hundred years!!! He must have been one tough lobster in the wild to live that long :wall: . I know this is probably a Watering Hole subject, but I can't post in there yet....So I posted it in here. It was some interesting info and thought I would share it :D

-RoB

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Actually, this forum is for "Insects and OTHER INVERTEBRATES" , so posts about lobsters do belong here, since they do qualify as other invertebrates. :)

Had he been in captivity a long time, or had he been recently captured and they're just estimating his age?

Wade

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Well CNN this morning said he had been caught recently, but heck a 100 years is old for a lobster. I am suprised he didn't become lunch or anything :? That is a lot of lobster....anyone hungry???LMFAO {D

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
maybe he was the Boss of the lobster crime family, 100 years is long time for be a boss, maybe he was taken out by the feds. im gonna search for pics of this amazing lobster.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
It was a sad occurence(I want some of that lobster dammit!!!) YEah he was friggin huge. Oh yeah and "Fugetaboutit"!!! LMFAO

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
<<<<< Based on how long it typically takes a lobster to reach eating size — about five to seven years to grow to a pound — some estimated Bubba was about 100 years old. Marine biologists said 30 to 50 years was more likely.>>>>>

Cross post I know, clip from article