View Full Version : Regalis or Ornata

03-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Heya all, I was suposed to buy an Ornata, but with the little sondage that someone did, wich was : Whats the best pokie

almost nobady mentioned Ornata, but Regalis, this changed my mind to buy Regalis, and i've to do a choice in the next 2-3 days, I would like to know , with personal experience, wich one you would prefer and why the regalis is soo better then the ornata ? the ornata venom is said to be more toxic but except that ?

03-25-2005, 02:31 PM
If they were both the same price I'd get the ornata. I ended up with a bunch of regalis because by buying 5 I have a better chance of getting a female.

03-25-2005, 02:32 PM
yeah both same prices

03-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Personally, I would choose regalis just becaues I think they look a bit better, but of course it's a matter of opinion there and I happen to like simple black and white coloration rather than what the ornata has, although they do have one of the most interesting undersides I've ever seen > http://www.bighairyspiders.com/pix/ornata7.jpg

I've read also that the ornata is one of the larger pokies, so it'll probably get bigger than a regalis. I like em both but if I had to choose it would be the regalis.

Dark Raptor
03-25-2005, 02:56 PM
I think I'd choose regalis (I've got one).

It is calmer and more beautiful spider than ornata, but this is my opinion.

But having both of them isn't bad way.

03-25-2005, 04:10 PM
ok, I go for a Regalis

03-25-2005, 04:40 PM
I prefer P. ornata and would probably take that over a regalis. They get quite large and interestingly patterned. I won't talk docility with Pokies period, some seem to not mind so much but I prefer to not handle mine at all.

03-25-2005, 08:24 PM
funny, i've been wresting with this exact same choice of T's for about a month now. ornata or regalis... i've looked at SOooOOoo many pics of them both, and read TONS... pretty sure i'm going with the P ornata.

either way, they are both awesome! you'll be happy no matter which one you get! :)

03-25-2005, 09:33 PM
well my choice is Regalis ;) cant wait till I received him/her

03-25-2005, 11:37 PM
I had the same dilemma when I went ot get my first pokie. I went the ornata. I love the coloring more and I love active T's :wicked: :D

03-25-2005, 11:42 PM
i'll have to get an ornata after ;) for sho

03-25-2005, 11:44 PM
the regalis is a better starter pokie, they are not as nervous as the ornata and have great looks as well, ornata is a great pokie no doubt about it, its your decision whatever you think you are comfortable with, my first pokie was a ornata and i really enjoy it but i also have 2 P regalis and a few other pokies i really enjoy them all but when it comes down to it; it is your choice.

03-25-2005, 11:45 PM
Whe you go and get an ornata or any first pokie get a sling. IT helps to bring it up, cause then your used to the speed of it. Getting a full grown pokie is almost asking to get in some trouble lol. The P.oranat is extremely fast and very skittish. Mine hasn't shown me any aggression. It is a 2.5" sling though sooo.. ;) :?

03-25-2005, 11:47 PM
yep she will be like 1 inch, i've a murinus, maculata, regalis pretty small soo I can deal with 'em

they are my first agressives T , im also getting a P. cambridgei and N. chromatus in same time, the chromatus is said to be pretty agressive too, from time to time

03-25-2005, 11:51 PM
they are not aggressive

03-25-2005, 11:53 PM
i've read a couple of post with the searsh engine that show lots of agression ... they looks very much like geniculata, except the agressivity side, because many ppl observed that she get a treat posture just by opening the lid, and not only one person ... I guess its like that Rosy, they are freak in the head by moment

03-25-2005, 11:59 PM
I'd go with regalis.