Mantid Photos

Sheldy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Im back with more photos!
My friend lent me his camera today so I went out this morning and took 100+ photos :D The problem is that im not done yet! Damn battery ran out and I just know that my violin male is about to moult into an adult and the same with my dessicata female :mad: As well as that I can just tell this is one of those times where the female mantis may just get a little too hungry...see bellow

Enjoy!

Attachments

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow, those are some nice pics. i especially like the Paradoxas.

Spiderling LT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow this photos realy nice loking, I love mantis, but there where I live are almost imposible get them:)
again realy nice photos;)

Sheldy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
nope, theyre all next to my bed ;) I'm lucky to even have a girlfriend!

reptillian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My sisters hate my bed room since i have a corn snake, two giant spiny stick insects, one african mantis, two tiger land snails, one cockroach that i got accidentally,one mexican red legged t and i might get a leopard gecko or as crested gecko.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Those are some amazing pictures, Now i MUST add some mantids to my collection.

(how much room does one of your adults take up?, just out of curiousity)

Mori

Sheldy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
anywhere between a 1/4 qubic ft and 1 cubic ft. Some species are pretty small, (less than an inch) whilst others can be pretty big (4"+)

danny7499

Arachnopeon
So does anyone officially know if they are illegal in California now? I havnt been able to find a strait answer and im afraid mine if going to expire soon.