six spotted roaches?

JonDaAzn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
does anyone know where to find these? I remember hearing about them a couple months ago, and made plans to buy some, but now they seem to have just disappeared, they were supposed to look like orange heads, only the nymphs had six spots, and they didn't have wing nibbling problems

EDIT: found out the latin name is Eublaberus distanti and that roachman carries them, but they are 4 dollars each :eek:

Last edited:

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
distanti

Although a pretty cool roach these are relatively poor breeders compaired to other eublaberus or blaberus species.
James
www.blaberus.com

Israel2004

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a 100 of the little beast and they are pretty bad breeders. The Orange head I have are much better breeders.

JonDaAzn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
how bad is the wing chewing problem with the orangeheads? some places say that its instinctive, but other say to just add protien

Israel2004

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I feed mine a high protien kitten chow (31%) and I still have chewed wings.

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wings

The more substrate and egg crates plus food that are present the less the wing biting will occur. With that being said wing biting has no impact on production of the colony.
James
www.blaberus.com

Israel2004

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As James said the more substrate and egg crares the less wing biting. I a week ago I had added more egg crates to my bin, add I have noticed less chewed up wings on the newly molted adults.