Old Timer
Doggy style :drool: :p ;)

just caught these in the act,...
and why not trow a picture on the internet :D

Dark Raptor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ha, ha nice picture :)

Does male attack female before copulation? My Carabids are very brutal when it goes to this... situation ;P

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
In some cicindelid species there is brief courtship, but in most species the male simply mounts the female at first site and may guard her after copulation. Great picture, showing how the sexually dimorphic characteristic of enlarged mandibles of male Manticora fit around the females thorax during mating.

Alex S.

Last edited:

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow that's the spear of destiny!!!and this is the best mating pics of beetles i've ever seen

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
El Johano said:
Steven, you're sick {D
thank you,.. thank you :worship: :p :p

and these bugs mate all the time,... such horny little devils,...
but as far as i know only the Berlin Zoo (correct me if i'm wrong Seb.)
has bred them in captivity. :?

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hey Steven,

Female tiger beetles are very precise when it comes to oviposition sites. The female will only lay an egg if the soil texture, salinity, slope, moisture, and temperature are appropriate (Hoback, 2000). I suggest trying several different substrate types, either separately or all at once in the same enclosure. If they are successfully bred the larvae will be fascinating to raise. Manticora larvae are huge and may take a few years before pupating and emerging as an adult beetle (Manticora adults are by far the longest lived out of any tiger beetle).

Alex S.