ROACH ID [Blaberus sp.]

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
I received two pairs of some interesting roaches that my source did not know the scientific name for - only that they had been referred to as Llanos Gliding Roaches. I posted photos to the blaberus listserv with no results. I was wondering if anyone here could ID them.

They have very pale transparent wings like giganteus and are about the same size as craniifer.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Michael

Attachments

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They look like the Craniifer/Fusca cross breed to me. James at Blaberus.com would know .

Bob

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
Bob said:
They look like the Craniifer/Fusca cross breed to me. James at Blaberus.com would know
I have a tub of craniifer/fusca and these don't look anything like them. My best guess, so far, is Blaberus sp. 'Ecuador'.

Has anyone every heard the common name "Llanos Gliding Roaches"?. As far as I know, "llanos" are flooded grasslands in Venezuela...

Cheers,

Michael

Last edited:

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Are the females twice the size of the males?
SpiderShoppe said:
I have a tub of craniifer/fusca and these don't look anything like them. My best guess, so far, is Blaberus sp. 'Ecuador'.

Has anyone every heard the common name "Llanos Gliding Roaches"?. As far as I know, "llanos" are flooded grasslands in Venezuela...

Cheers,

Michael

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
roacd id

I found some pictures from keepers outside the U.S. and they look just like yours and where ID as Blaberus sp. 'Ecuador'. Do you have enough to start a colony? Good luck with them.
James
www.blaberus.com

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
MantidAssassins said:
Are the females twice the size of the males?
james said:
I found some pictures from keepers outside the U.S. and they look just like yours and where ID as Blaberus sp. 'Ecuador'. Do you have enough to start a colony? Good luck with them.
I just have two pairs. The males are similar in size to the females. They are the most pale roaches I have seen.

Richie guessed B. colloseus, but isn't that the same as Blaberus sp. 'Ecuador'?

Cheers,

Michael

Last edited: