Crix not breeding.

packer43064

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It needs to be moist, it looks like it's all dry. also use coco fibre like bed-a-beast and eco-earth. That stuff looks like the dirt ya find outside. Also is there any food for them besides the carrot for moisture. Use dog food and cereal that is crushed up. Also do you got adult crix make sure they are. I g2g nwo i'll post more info tommorow.

Dark Raptor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think, you should remove all substrate from the tank. You will avoid mould and mite infestation. Crixs need only small box with moist earth (or other stuff like that). You can insert there plastic or stainless metal net, to prevent females from digging out and eating eggs (I posted somewhere here link, with pics of that 'invetion').

My Crixs live in very dry environment (I keep temperature higher than 30 degrees C. and in some parts of their tank, it reaches 40 degrees C). They receive a lot of water in fresh vegetables and fruits.

I've got a lot of small crixs every week :)

Dark Raptor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joe1968 said:
thats interesting, is there a way we could read it in english version.
Read my first post here. This is almost the same info :)
I use metal net with smaller mesh than this one in the pictures.

Bloodletting

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my way

Here's what I do. I get thousands of pin heads.

1/2 potting
1/2 peat moss. both purchased at florist shop, cheap...

mixed with water, dirt moist but not wet.
2-3 inches, several egg carton pieces, water gel, fruit or veggie.
and...about 10 mature female crickets.

I close it up, and let them go. I mark the front with the date and exactly 30 days later I start seeing pin heads, a week after that, hundreds to thousands of them.

pictures included......

Scott