Is this a good sign or bad?

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I recently received a mature male Avicularia avicularia for my adult female, and they bred well the first time around, but I have tried to reintroduce them a few times now, and they just ignore each other. He has made 2 new sperm webs, one on Friday (I believe) and one last night. So he's loaded for sure.

What could be the problem?

I have tried letting him walk around her cage, and let him walk over her hide like I did the first time. And I even took her out in the open and let them near each other. Nothing happens. Either she walks away or he walks away, OR BOTH!
I guess it's a plus that she's not aggressive towards him, though. I would cohabitate them, but I have another female coming this week that I hope to breed with him. But I just can't understand what's wrong??

Could this be a GOOD thing?? :confused:

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well I can only hope the deed went well! Do females normally reject or ignore males when they feel "successful"? Or vice versa?

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good or bad...

Apocalypstick said:
That is strange, esp if he's loaded. Maybe they feel the deed is done :p
That is quite possible. I would keep introducing the pair. If she keeps ignoring him then he needs another date. It's hit and miss with breeding.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would leave him with her for a week or two. I did this with a male, leaving him with 3 different females for a week each, now two of the females have eggsacs. I'm still waiting on #3. He will make new sperm webs right in their containers.

critterz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would agree and say if she keeps ignoring him, then they will probably not breed again (together, that is). Just keep the female well fed, as the first attempt may very well have been all that was needed.

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I have another girl that should arrive either tomorrow or Thurs, so yeah, will introduce him to her first a few times, and if nothing, cohabitate each of them for maybe a week each.

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
critterz said:
I would agree and say if she keeps ignoring him, then they will probably not breed again (together, that is). Just keep the female well fed, as the first attempt may very well have been all that was needed.
well the thing is, she was eating like a pig before he arrived. She was even munching on a roach when they mated, lol. But now she wont eat anything anymore. Perhaps she feels more womanly now and must watch her figure {D