bird mites and tarantulas

mo_2

Arachnopeon
I have a mite problem with my pet birds and need to treat them and their cage but I have tarantulas in the house. the birds are upstairs in the living room and most of the T's are downstairs, but one is upstairs. I like having her upstairs but I am moving her to the T room. how long do I have to leave her there before bringing her back up. also are there safer ways to treat birds and equipment without harming T's.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I do know that mites can't live without water so before moving your T. to her room run the vacuum to sweep up any mites. That always helps me when a mite problem happens.

mo_2

Arachnopeon
Wow, nobody knows how long it takes for miteicide to disipate? I just don't want to subject the upstairs spiders to poison. if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

c7me

Arachnopeon
Miteicide is an on contact kill (No Residual). I would suggest treating your birds in the garage or spare bedroom away from the T’s. The Miteicide would need to contact the T before it would do harm to it. Allow the room to clear after the treatment for about 3 – 4 hours. Hope this helps?