bad pics of my desert setups

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well im still trying to figure out how to take pictures of the entire enclosure and scorpion im no photographer lol...... but you can see the basic setup and the little vaejovis spini curled up in the back of the peaT POT. these guys are hard to get in pictures.

any tips for taking pics with this camera will be much appreciated,the camera Kodak Easy share dx4530 5.0 mega pixel

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
one more question

i know these guys like it really dry but the dealer whom which i got these guys from said i should put a small water bowl in the enclosures, no wthat being said what can i use? i afraid that the humidity is going to killl the smeringurus mesaensis, the vaejovis is a bit more vigilant when it come to humidity please let me know what i should do tahnx :worship:

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If they're from extremly dry areas keep a small water dish and fill it once a week/every 14days. That's what i do with my desert spp.

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
S. mesaensis do like very dry environments. I offer mine water about once a month. Most of the time though he stays burrowed underneath the waterdish. The ambient humidity in the tank of my S. mesaensis runs between 50-60% (as it is throughout my apartment) so I don't bother spraying his tank at all.

The Vaejovis would benefit from a waterdish at all times. I'm pretty sure they also prefer a sand/dirt or very dry soil combo....

siucfi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I as well supply water about once a week in a cap from a soda bottle.

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
bottle cap

ok will offer a bottle cap full of water once a week for the measenisis but for the vojavis a staedy supply of water? {D

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you use a real human skull, it will really add to the look of the enclosure. I only say this because I did it in the past and people who saw it were quite taken aback by the overall effect. If real is too expensive($300), try http://www.boneclones.com/BC-107.htm

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just cause of the way i am, i'd have to go with the 5yo childs skull :evil:

KLiK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
not going to lie, i was looking at the 2 1/2 human skull and thinking about adding it to my tank :p

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have a real skull

i found it in the bush wash it bleeched it and what not but it is too big for the enclosure, so i had to settle for the trippy skull. if i could get a mini skull then yes but as per now the kk are to small :worship: oh the human skull was in real bad shape missing part of the mandible and a chunk of the cranium but all else is good

fiveohatch

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
there's a place about 30 minutes from me that sells fetal (however you spell it) skulls. they'd be small enough to fit in a tank. it'd be kinda creepy though.

the place is called The Bone Room and it's in Berkeley, California. you might want to do a search for them. they've got all kinds of cool bones that could be used in a tank.

edit: www.boneroom.com

i recommend stopping by there if you're ever in the Bay Area. it's a cool little store.

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
fiveohatch said:
there's a place about 30 minutes from me that sells fetal (however you spell it) skulls. they'd be small enough to fit in a tank. it'd be kinda creepy though.

the place is called The Bone Room and it's in Berkeley, California. you might want to do a search for them. they've got all kinds of cool bones that could be used in a tank.

edit: www.boneroom.com

i recommend stopping by there if you're ever in the Bay Area. it's a cool little store.
Great place!, they do have a very nice selection, mostly Chinese skulls though.

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im probally gunna get

gunna get a snake skull i think that would fit better than a human skull or maybe a gopdher skull lol, my to dunes wont eat dont know why. the vajovis is eating good