My 2 Avicularia avicularia slings died tonight

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Man...I'm down!

Talking about bringing a guy down. I had just recently gotten these guys too on trade. They seemed healthy. I have great humidity and ventilation. The both ate a couple pinhead a couple days before molting. They molted several hours apart.

Well..now I have to break the news to my wife that she just lost her second pinktoe in 24 hour period of the other death. :( :( :( :(

In Memory of the 3/4" little ones!

cryptly

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am sharing your pain right now. :( :(

My boyfriend's newly arrived A. purpurea died during the night. . .and I'm dreading having to tell him when he wakes up. The little guy became his favorite very quickly. :(

It really sucks. :(

greenfiremajick

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
sorry to hear it!!

ChrisNCT said:
Man...I'm down!

Talking about bringing a guy down. I had just recently gotten these guys too on trade. They seemed healthy. I have great humidity and ventilation. The both ate a couple pinhead a couple days before molting. They molted several hours apart.

Well..now I have to break the news to my wife that she just lost her second pinktoe in 24 hour period of the other death. :( :( :( :(

In Memory of the 3/4" little ones!

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sudden Avic infant death strikes again. This is exactly why i am hesitant to get an avic under an inch. I am sorry for your lose. Are you going to try again?

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That sucks Chris.

There always seems to be a rash of Avic. slings dying for no apparent reason. I wish there was something that everyone could do to prevent this, but there doesn't seem to be.

Please tell your wife that I'm sorry for your losses. :(

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
BlkCat said:
Sudden Avic infant death strikes again. This is exactly why i am hesitant to get an avic under an inch. I am sorry for your lose. Are you going to try again?

i have raised avic slings and never had any problems they key is not "air ventalation" it is "air circulation" IMO

sorry for the deaths :(

Senses-Tingling

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry for your loss. The only slings that have given me problems with immature deaths are the A. avic's. Sometimes I think if I look at them they wrong way, they will shrivel into a death curl.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sorry for your loss. The only slings that have given me problems with immature deaths are the A. avic's. Sometimes I think if I look at them they wrong way, they will shrivel into a death curl.
You do know this thread started in 2005 right? How far back did you have to go to find this?:?

Senses-Tingling

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You do know this thread started in 2005 right? How far back did you have to go to find this?:?
Ooops! No, I didn't know it was 3 years old - lol. It was a link from another thread I was on. I noticed the 5-17 and didn't even catch the year. LOL.

I hope he is over his loss. If not, I think Dr. Phil still has a show running.

Seriously - sorry guys. I'm not trying to dust off the shovel and dig up the old, dated material. My bad.