Need care sheet for Stag Beetles.

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I bought a pair of metalic green Stag Beetles at the BTS show this weekend. I'm at work and I can't remember the latin name (Lamprima  aurata?). Here's a pic I culled off the web. Can anyone supply me with a link to a good care sheet for these guys? I can't find much of any use. Thanks.

Last edited:

Megatron808

Arachnopeon
Allomyrhina dichotomus and Chalcosoma atlas Beetle care info

Does anyone know of a good place to get a care sheet or basic taking of info for these 2 types of rhino beetles? If so please tell me, I am fairly new to this and have 3 of the Chalcosoma atlas and 2 of the Allomyrhina dichotomus.

Also looking into breeding them since I have males and females. Any help is and will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Megatron808

Arachnopeon
Thanks alot. That site has some good gouge. For me I'm trying to start a journal for practical experience sicne I've never done this whole insect thing. Do you or anyone know if they bite? Not really skiddish of insects, but I've been told and read somewhere that the Atlas are very agressive beetles, is this true?

Well thanks again for the post I'll be checking back.

Also does anyone know if there is a board like this for beetle enthusiasts?

Megatron808

Arachnopeon
2 of my Atlas' pics

Oki doki need some help here. I'm tryin to upload some pics here to the message board and I guess Im being stupid cuz it keeps asking me for a URL to add a pic. Any ideas what I need to do with this? Anyone feel free to help please thanks. :wall:

Dorcus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That doesn't look like a L. aurata to me; there is no way that insect in the picture is. It's a Phalacrognathus muelleri.