Colorful?

prang11

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Seems you can almost get anything so availability probably isnt a problem.

As far as scorpions that are native to the US I think that Centruroides vittatus have very nice lines and colors.

meier link

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
imo id say tri color burrowing scorps, and olive knee flat rocks are the prettiest. {D

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no doubt there brian.. i love the colour of the B jacksoni

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
gotta go with C vittatus, no doubt the most beautiful of the US natives, except for MAYBE C. excilicauda gertschi or C. hentzi

greenfiremajick

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
meier! i just bet you like the olive knee flat rocks!! ;)
any ideas where i can find Rhopalurus junceus??

meier link said:
imo id say tri color burrowing scorps, and olive knee flat rocks are the prettiest. {D

greenfiremajick

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thx prang
i will start looking at those....

prang11 said:
Seems you can almost get anything so availability probably isnt a problem.

As far as scorpions that are native to the US I think that Centruroides vittatus have very nice lines and colors.

greenfiremajick

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
pandinus-
i'll have to check those out as well! who has these different species available?? i've heard good things about swift, but there's not a varied selection right now in scorps from what i can tell...

pandinus said:
gotta go with C vittatus, no doubt the most beautiful of the US natives, except for MAYBE C. excilicauda gertschi or C. hentzi

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the closest dealer i know of with vittatus to you iis Darin at golden pheonix exotics. Although if you wait till early june, you could take a road trip to pheonix and buy scorps in person at thee ATS 2005 convention. for details check out www.atshq.org. in any case, good luck finding a US scorp with more color thaan this!

Rabid Flea

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I totally agree with Brian, B. jacksoni are awesome colors, I have about 35 babies soon to be ready! IMO they are one of the most colorful with the exception of the ones your looking for GreenFire... but I like the Hadrurus sp. as well, beautiful yellows on these guys and very active.

greenfiremajick

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hadrurus huh? Gotta check those as well...I bought 3 flat rocks from chris73 and have been doing research in anticipation of those guys as well....

JeKo said:
I totally agree with Brian, B. jacksoni are awesome colors, I have about 35 babies soon to be ready! IMO they are one of the most colorful with the exception of the ones your looking for GreenFire... but I like the Hadrurus sp. as well, beautiful yellows on these guys and very active.

Rabid Flea

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yep, i have one H. spadix and i absolutely love this guy, i cant say one is my fav over another one cuz i love all the lil buggers! But the personality of the Hadrurus sp. is awesome, every time i do tank maintenance, he struts out and does his threat display like hes saying "im here, you better watch out" then scuttles back into his hide...

good luck,
Jeko

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
greenfiremajick said:
pandinus-
i'll have to check those out as well! who has these different species available?? i've heard good things about swift, but there's not a varied selection right now in scorps from what i can tell...
I collect these all the time around here. These are the ones I found last Saturday.

greenfiremajick

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
those are gorgeous....i am also interested in the different types that are able to live communally...Any suggestions?? :?

Brian S said:
I collect these all the time around here. These are the ones I found last Saturday.

greenfiremajick

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
are u going to PHX in june? if u are, see you there pandinus!! never been to a show like that....should be fun....

pandinus said:
the closest dealer i know of with vittatus to you iis Darin at golden pheonix exotics. Although if you wait till early june, you could take a road trip to pheonix and buy scorps in person at thee ATS 2005 convention. for details check out www.atshq.org. in any case, good luck finding a US scorp with more color thaan this!