Had to rescue the neighbors from this mystery bug

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
O my neighbors, knowing i am the spider guy, asked me to catch this bug. I dont have a pic but i can give a pretty good description. Hopefully you guys can figure this out without a pic.

Its body length is about 1", with legs it is almost 2". Its legs get kinda smaller ar they go forward, the back legs are very long. It has 15 legs and two things in the front similar to pedipalps on a tarantula. The face of this bug looks alot like a cricket head with two very long antennae. Its coloration is overall brown with 3 black lines running down each cide and the center of its body. it has some almost silver colored ovals running across its back and down the body. the legs have stripes running across them and are dark brown in color.

This thing looks kinda like a milipede but is stockier and bulkier than a mili.
I live in western NY about an hour south of buffalo. I found this in the downstairs neighbors kitchen.

hope the description helps.

Last edited:

Scythemantis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very common, just shy. I've only seen one live one and two dead ones in all my life, but they're very widespread. They're considered harmless, even beneficial predators of other household inverts.