new T C cyaneopubescens!!

AcidQueen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Finally I got the T I've wanted for a really long time :D
A big s'ling C cyaneopubescens!!

Here's a picture of the little devil munching on her cricket..

[edit: some more pics]

She's so cute! I only had avics before this one, really got to get used to her attitude! {D

Acid.

Last edited:

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got mine at a reptile show and he is a big eater. I get a kick out of feeding him. Eats everything I put in there, bettles, crickets, and silk worms so far.
mine is almost 3 inches now. Dosn't hide or dig much, but websup the place.

Sharon

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i think you're going to love your new guy

mine occasionally kick a little hair... but they seem to have calmed down a lot after they settled in

get ready... these guys grow pretty fast... and every molt the colors change and get prettier :)

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very Nice T. I had one for four years very shy and quick. Congratulations :clap:

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
beautiful! Mine's not too much older than yours, just molted last tuesday and is a lil over 2". Not the friendliest T I have that's for sure...it's been known to strike at whatever touches it without any warning. Can be kinda spastic at times...but very very pretty.

What size is yours? Mine's molted twice since I received it two and a half months ago. First time was a month after i received it, and the second most recent time was a month and a half after that. So right on schedule and has gained about 3/4" each time. The blue in the legs is REALLY starting to show.

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yes you will enjoy that GBB their awesome!!! nice pics.

VoodooFuneral

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nic pic.....is your's as pychotic as mine? She's/he's a lightening-fast escape artist. Her molts will be the most interesting. :)

AcidQueen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the replies! :)

I have her since last sunday, she was this fat when i got her lol.
I estimate her size at a little more than an inch bodylength.

Anything you guys think I should REALLY know about this species?

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dank u voor de pics, Acid (how's my Dutch-lol) You are gonna love this sling! I haven't had mine for very long, but she's very entertaining. Mine likes to be arboreal, which surprised me after reading that they prefer to live in cracks in rocks and around tree roots. I switched to a container that opens from the side because I felt so bad about messing up her web every time I opened the lid, and she made herself a beautiful and rather intricate web, with different "doorways" (for lack of a better way to describe it) and a tunnel to reach the ground. They like a rather high humidity but dry substrate. Good luck! Dui!

AcidQueen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hehe your dutch is great :clap:
mine's not decided what she wants I think, the fist days she was on her piece of cork bark, and the last few she's been high up in her tank :D She's been busy all night webbing up 1 side of the enclosure.
How do I accomplish a high humidity with fairly dry substrate? Will just a waterdish suffice? She's in a critter keeper thingy, which has quite a lot of ventilation.

Acid.

AcidQueen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My beauty molted and I was able to get some quite nice pics of it with a cricket. :)

aaronrefalo

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i never saw one of these....they are rely impressive.....i like it verymuch....but here in malta is difficult to get one...

Till

Arachnopeon
If you have never seen this species try looking for adult photos, they change colours quite drastically. Not to the bad, btw ;)
In Malta you should get spiders from european breeders, don't you?

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
New GBB...

That is a beauty! GBB's are one of the most beautiful species on our planet.
After molting they are intoxicating, to say the least.
I have had the best luck keeping the substrate bone dry with a water dish.
These will easily web any and all surfaces with silk. Great choice!! :D