A. seemani's new tank

Mistwalker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not perfect, but my first attempt at making a tank. It's also a bit overly damp in there, letting it dry out at the moment.

You can see it's burrow against the plastic on the inside on the right, which is why I built it with narrow sides.

urban

Arachnopeon
wow... nice setup dude.. it looks as if it had just came out of the freezer.. lolz..

K MUELLER

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:clap: Looks like you need a few air holes!!! nice project,later-Karl

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i dunno, looking at it i think you missed a couple spots with the glue. hee hee

Ravienne

Arachnopeon
Would ventilation be something to worry about in a setup that deep? It seems like it would be awfully easy for mold to get started in the burrow.

-the crow

CIRE

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think if you're worried about mold, it wouldn't be a bad idea to put some air holes below where the soil is, so you get some air coming in from beneath. (just make sure they're not too big) ;)

Bellis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Its not the prettiest tank i've ever seen, but I really like the design idea. Consider it stolen muhahahha (if you dont mind??)

it wouldn't be a bad idea to put some air holes below where the soil is, so you get some air coming in from beneath. (just make sure they're not too big)
or maybe just screen across the holes to help keep the substrate in would work??

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
what is the plastic you made it out of?

i've been looking around at Home Depot type stores and 1/8 or 1/16 plastic sheeting is expensive

and it looks like you are using 1/4"+... nice :)

Dr Pies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very nice tank indeed :)

I'm thinking about making some tanks myself, but not sure on the cost.
Like cacoseraph said, that plastic is some expensive stuff!

We need a tank building sticky thread ;)

Mistwalker

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Forgotten to check this post. It's thin stuff, actually, not sure exactly the thickness. There's a bunch of holes in top, but I might drill some down low where the dirt is. It's not nearly so damp now.

Feel free to make one like that. For the hinges on the lid, I drilled a hole, and used a nut and a bolt instead of the self tapping screws, as I'm sure those would have cracked the plastic.

As for the rest of it, I used a hobby knife to score it and broke it against a solid surface, whilst putting a knee on it. I did screw up a few pieces, and I had gotten extra, which I'm glad of now. I used aquarium silicone to put it together with, and this took some time to do without it falling apart.

Thanks for the compliments, hopefully my next one will look a little nicer. (less glue)

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Holy aquarium sillicone Batman! ;P

It's a very cool idea, and a unique shape for sure. I'm betting you'll be making another...and I look forward to seeing it too!