Tarantula seXXX

Arach-attack

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great pics! :clap:
Your male C.fasciatum has some awesome color to him.
The Rosies are nice too.

meier link

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
those are some beautiful spiders...good luck with them :clap:

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I hope everything works out on both projects. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Bellis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm sorry Sasa :( Was this the first try, or can you still hold out hope for an eggsack anyways?

Note- NO LONGER A PEON, WoooT

Sasa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Bellis said:
Was this the first try, or can you still hold out hope for an eggsack anyways?
It was the first try after her molt. Male was really old but I thought it´s better to let him try and let female eat him than just put him into the freezer.
Well, I have another male maturing soon. ;)

Sasa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
C.fasciatum:

We openned the sac

There was 440 eggs

And there was one with legs. (After couple of hours there was two... then three... then four...)

{D

jeffh_x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
SO CUUTEEE!! lol.. great job man...thats really cool..good luck with the spiderlings!

Alias

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
beautiful. was the female aggresive? I have heard many times C.fasciatum are notorious male-killers..

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Bellis said:
Note- NO LONGER A PEON, WoooT

I just realized I'm a knight. Go me :D

Umm...For a few seconds, I thought you were trying to mate a RCF Rosie with a Cyclosternum fasciatum :wall:

Sasa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks guys. :)

Female was more "in to it" than male, shaking and drumming, while male was just panicking at the oter side of terrarium...
Well, they made it after all and now I have "few" leggs and the students at the University of Helsinki have a ultimate male to study. :)

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hm, I didnt know that crossbreeding G.Rosea and C.Fasciatum could produce a fertile eggsac!!!! Can someone tell me what will hatch out of it?!?! I've never heard of such hybridation... By the way the C.Fasciatum looks great!!!!

phil.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
bistrobob85 said:
Hm, I didnt know that crossbreeding G.Rosea and C.Fasciatum could produce a fertile eggsac!!!! Can someone tell me what will hatch out of it?!?! I've never heard of such hybridation... By the way the C.Fasciatum looks great!!!!

phil.
He was referring to two seperate pairings - the first 3 pictures are of the C. fasciatum / D. fasciata and the next 2 are of G. rosea.

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Duh, shame on me... It seemed to me like mixing specie from Chile and Costa Rica couldnt have produced any fertile eggsac...

heering80

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey sasa, it seems like you could use another blue seemanni... Mine just matured as a male (surprise surprise). Let me know if you want to use it's services in the future.

Sasa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
heering80 said:
Hey sasa, it seems like you could use another blue seemanni... Mine just matured as a male (surprise surprise). Let me know if you want to use it's services in the future.
Sure, just bring him here and we´ll try. :)