Holy Crap...

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I checked on my spiders today, and I noticed that my Green Bottle Blue, who had been in pre-molt the last couple of weeks, had molted and pushed its exuvium out of one of its web-tunnels....well, I wanted to see what my prize spider looked like in its new suit, so I opened up the webbing, and I was definitely not prepared for what awaited me....

I knew it would look better after a molt, but I had no idea it would look THIS friggin cool lol. I'm one happy camper to say the least. :D[/i]

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Very Nice!

I wasn't aware that they have those pinkish stripes on the carapace.

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
wow that is one incredible looking GBB :drool:....these T's are one of the best looking in the hobby today IMO.

TimV

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh, man! Do they bite? (Just kidding!) You could almost light your bed room with that bug.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
hoooooly poop! what size is it? I've never seen a picture of one looking like that...mine molted to 2.25" or so ( i can never recall) recently but is much darker blue than that and no pink. Amazing....:D

lucky!

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine is around 2".

Thanks for the compliments everyone...this is without a doubt my favorite spider! :D

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looking so good i could eat it.... .... but i wouldnt, cant wait for mine to grow, its only 3/4 instar. gorgeous t's :)

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I hope you guys are just kidding. Those pics were taken in natural light, with no flash...I have no reason to, nor would I ever "enhance" my pictures.

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That cromatopelma is very nice. Her colour is very intensive. I wonder when look this pics.

meier link

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that is by far the most impressive gbb i have ever seen...infreakingcredible

cryptly

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Now that I have recovered from temporay blindness caused by the intensely bright GBB all I can say is . . .wow. . .

Gesticulator's itty-bitty is just too adorable. :D

I have got to get me one of these.

Last edited:

K-mart

Arachnopeon
Smokin GBB David! WOW,! that takes some balls to accuse you of "dockin up" those pics.

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
K-mart said:
Smokin GBB David! WOW,! that takes some balls to accuse you of "dockin up" those pics.
I agree. Its rather frustrating when all you want to do is share your excitement about your animals and some people are jealous enough to make rude, unfounded comments. :mad: :confused:

DR zuum

ArachnoAntigen
Old Timer
Robi_Wan said:
hmmm... I recognise some blue stones...

Photoshop...? ;)
Scorps_n_Ts said:
That was my first thought. Picture just doesn't look natural! :embarrassed:

The green/blue color hue and intensity vary greatly in Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens,especially when they are going over to adult coloration like that one in the photo.By its next moult the colors will even out as it still has some remnants of its juvenile/sling coloring mixed in.If you had kept more than 1 or 2 specimens or bred out a few sacs you'd know this,ive sold a couple of sacs to dealers and raised out about 200,there were every once in a while some off colors during the shift to adult coloration.

Last edited:

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the input Dr.

BTW, I love the avatar.....we need more cowbell! LOL :D

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
DavidBeard meets Rick West with those photos! Kudos! Gimme a break, guys...enhancing a photo... to what end??

Thanks Cryptly. "She's fun to watch" Gets crix bigger than she is.

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's all about the variation. Mine also shows the pink, but the picture I snapped last night aren't quite as good.