where to get Antlions

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hehey, hello guys!! I've been wondering for a little while where i could get antlions... Also, has someone here ever gotten them to breed?!? I'd be pretty curious to know more about these little creatures, they are so fascinating!!

phil.

Gsc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There was a person on the www.petbugs.com classified section that sold ant lions. I also believed they gave a link to an ant lion site also...good luck!

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi
if you are willing to pay for transport from Europe to Canada, then i can send you a few of the vicious larvae, i can catch them easily in Corsica
>> G.carnell@gmail.com

Ravienne

Arachnopeon
http://www.antlionfarms.com

Found that. Do ant lions not extend up into Canada? They're all over the place down here in Texas.

EDIT: DO NOT GO TO THE VIDEOS SECTION IF YOU VALUE YOUR SANITY. Haven't parodies of that guy gone on long enough? I swear, if that kid says "Danger" just once, I'll. . . well, I don't know what I'll do. But it will be neither pretty nor healthy, and will probably involve sharp objects.

Last edited:

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What would the shipping price be like?!? Id be pretty curious to know if it is still affordable :)!!

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
something like 20 euros, maybe more
last time i sent something to new york for about 16 euros

the problem is whether your customs will find out, and nail you for it,
i managed to send Latrodectus to NYC, with all their paranoiac measures, so it should be fine

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hello I havent been on in awhile
I can perhaps assertian a few antlions for you in a few months perhaps less time, they would be wild caught and shipped from ca for negotiatble prices, pm if intrested, I am currently in the proccess of moving however so my responses may be limitied time frame wize.

Brando

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
OMG i wish i had seen your edit before watching those videos....that had to be the worst thing i have ever seen, very informative but wow was it stupid.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
that guy in the video isnt english.......

Gsc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Holly Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After seeing everyone warning not to watch the videos, I watched one... What a goof ball...the fake "english Accent" had me rolling on the ground. Him & his buddies must have thought they'd make a million dollars selling the ant lions by getting everyone excited about the little things.... so freakin' funny...I gotta go watch the other videos now... lol...

Gsc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The multiple videos on the Antlion website listed in one of the above posts... The funny "croc hunter" accent will have you rolling on the floor....

Scolopendra

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
there are antlions everywhere around here (NC). and if they range all the way up there ,look for their funnel shaped traps in very dry dusty areas. ive always found them in the dust on the ground on barn floors(dirt floors) or under overhanging ledges.