Anole vs Blondi

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Our blondi molted a few weeks ago, been eatin a few crics, about a dozen a week so we decided a bigger prey item might be good at this point. I never knew that guy could move so fast lol By the time i took the pic the anole had stopped breathing, guess that venom works good on reptiles. Heres a couplke of pics.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
awesome T blondi, pretty huge huh,

nice picture mate and nice blondi,cant wait till mine get big like that

Last edited:

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great pics....I feed some of my larger spiders anoles once in a while...just wondering what are you using for substrate ??

Regards, Mike :?

gustavowright

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:confused: I agree with our mate above, and gonna ask u same thing??Strange substrate for blondi pal......

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The blondi had an outbreak of mites a few days after his molt, kinda odd because there wasnt any food in there for six weeks prior. I put him on calcium carbonate to dry out the mites. Next week will be four weeks and then he goes back into a new enclosure.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
DR zuum said:
Let us know if his fangs fall out.
I read your post on feeding reptiles to T's, but this is not a regular prey item for our T's. But i will let you know if it happens. :D

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tgreg said:
Why did you gave her this anole? Was it dead or seek :? ??
Why would i feed a sick prey item to my T's?

mimic58

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Vs is a term that usualy implys a fare fight, This match was clearly riged from the bigining {D

common spider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is so cool I think I am going to try that next for a treat for some of my larger T's

8)

noname

Arachnopeon
Are you sure it's the poison taht killed the anole? My guess is that the mechanical damage from a blondi should'nt be underestimated! If a fang hits the skull of the lizard it's the same as instant death...

Nice pictures btw!

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thats very possible, the first pic is of his first bite and he held it like that for a few minutes, nice perception of that though.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks King, i just checked yours out too, nice.

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What a beautiful,velvety-soft looking T! Can I ask a Q? If you're gonna feed Anoles, or an Anole once in awhile, what would your feeding schedule be? In my collection I have a fast-growing L. parahybana and an adult G. rosea (who never eats :wall: )and want to introduce new prey . I haven't come to terms with feeding them mammals so I was thinking about lizards....my choice of prey items around here is very limited, and I don't have enough T's to order bulk or breed anything( the old man won't let me have roaches......) Fangx!!