Nice Feeding Pic!

LaneyKaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just wanted to share this cool pic of my g. pulchra feeding on her cricket..hope you enjoy! :D

Blasphemy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very nice...since we're on the topic of feeding pics, I'll throw mine into the mix (B. boehmei)

Last edited:

slavestate13

Arachnopeon
wow! that B. boehmei is the prettiest tarantula I have ever seen! Are they aggresive at all? What is their behavior like? I'm thinking of picking up another tarantula soon and I would like to know any important info you can gimme! thanks

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They are slightly nervous and tend to kick hair more than any other of the brachy's I think. I have two. If you allow it to make a small burrow near the "glass", it will hang out in there most of the time and it won't be kicking hair as much. It will however, kick hair at a brush if you try to distrub it in the burrow :} I look forward to seeing my immature male hook out in a few years...he's going to be super duper red.

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Laney said:
Just wanted to share this cool pic of my g. pulchra feeding on her cricket..hope you enjoy! :D
Did she catch it against the side of the tank like that? That's pretty cool!

@Blasphemy - Awesome up close shot, and one of the prettiest Brachys. I've seen.

Thanks to both of you for sharing, and here's one of my female Rosie.

Attachments

LaneyKaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow..she's very pretty...I can't wait til mine gets bigger and starts showing her colors more...as for your question, no she caught it on the ground and then scurried up the side of the glass...she was there for a couple hours finishing it off so i was able to take some nice pics! :)

ilovebugs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Deschain said:
Did she catch it against the side of the tank like that? That's pretty cool!

@Blasphemy - Awesome up close shot, and one of the prettiest Brachys. I've seen.

Thanks to both of you for sharing, and here's one of my female Rosie.
I have the exact same lid for my rosies... I just thought that was funny

LaneyKaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here's a pic of my T checking the temp and humidity in her tank ;P
almost looks like shes holding them up..hehe

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ilovebugs said:
I have the exact same lid for my rosies... I just thought that was funny
I have lots of them, because I love peanut butter...and while they're not the best looking waterdish, they get the job done.

Laney said:
Here's a pic of my T checking the temp and humidity in her tank
That's funny. :D I remember seeing it in your other thread and laughing after you explained what was going on.

ink_scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Laney said:
Here's a pic of my T checking the temp and humidity in her tank ;P
Am I seeing this right? 83% RH for a G. pulchra? That seems very high! Anybody else see what I saw? If this is correct, it's no wonder it climbs the walls. It's way too wet in that enclosure! :embarrassed: :?

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Scorps_n_Ts said:
Am I seeing this right? 83% RH for a G. pulchra? That seems very high! Anybody else see what I saw? If this is correct, it's no wonder it climbs the walls. It's way too wet in that enclosure! :embarrassed: :?
It might be too moist (might want to take a look Laney, could explain the climbing)...but I wouldn't go by what the hygrometer says. They're pieces of crap, and highly inaccurate (really expensive ones excluded). I've got a half dozen just sitting around, being fickle...and another dozen in tanks being just as wrong. Good eye though. :D

LaneyKaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Every place i've read said that 75-80 humidity is good for G. pulchra, and mine stays very close to that, maybe a tiny bit higher right after i mist the tank...only one end of the tank is moist and the other end is completely dry...maybe like deschain said, its just not accurate...she definitely isn't an unhappy T...she has heat on one wall of the tank and seems to love it...i only mist the tank once every 2 weeks so i definitely don't think it's too moist in there. ;)

Last edited:

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Laney said:
Every place i've read said that 75-80 humidity is good for G. pulchra, and mine stays very close to that, maybe a tiny bit higher right after i mist the tank...only one end of the tank is moist and the other end is completely dry...maybe like deschain said, its just not accurate...she definitely isn't an unhappy T...she has heat on one wall of the tank and seems to love it...i only mist the tank once every 2 weeks so i definitely don't think it's too moist in there. ;)
Ignore caresheets. :)

They mean well, but tend the humidity tends to be overrated.

LaneyKaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmm..i really don't think its too moist at all...the substrate is almost dry in all places except along one edge of the tank and i never have any mold issues at all...I really think that its just the inaccuracy of the hygrometer...i will keep a close eye on it though...thanks for the info!

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hygrometers are garbage. They only measure humidity in the air (badly), and that has no bearing on the moisture in the substrate. I won't waste my money on them again, which is my advice to everyone. Save it for another tank or tarantula!

As Becca said, in most cases humidity is overrated, and trying to adjust it to meet certain levels is futile at best. :wall: If what you've been doing is working, and you and your T's are happy...leave it be.

I only mist for certain species and my arboreals (and occasionally I mist for pics of those that don't get misted normally). Everybody else gets a water dish and prey items for their moisture needs.

Sonofaglitch

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Although I have no T's of my own, I have to say, I love seeing feeding pics/watching them feed. A few months ago I would have been totally creeped out by it, but not so now! I'm glad someone started a post like this. :worship: Meanwhile, gorgeous T's everyone. Blasphemy, your B. boehmei especially. She has amazing color to her! :D