Arachnoking
Old Timer
all awesome T especially the Formosa!! makes me want some

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
epipe said:
Nice pics! i really like that Mamillatus :worship:
Wow... I only stopped coming to this site for a few months... is it possible that orange P. murinus "Usambara" has been described as a separate species from the yellow "Mombassa" variation? :? If so, that happened pretty darn quick. I was already surprised about C. fasciatum being moved back to Davus!! What else have I missed? Last time I was posting regularly, L. cristata had been changed to N. chromatus. Update me!!

-Kelly

EDIT: Just did a little search... didn't realize this was already a described species. Looks like a regular ol' Usambara to me... have new conclusions been reached or are people still saying they are two separate species?

Last edited:

Kordian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's not an "usambra". "Mamillatus" is far more beautiful :) You would have to see it with your own eyes. Huge color difference, really.

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P.mammilatus has been synomym with P.murinus since 2002.. there for the spider you have is a P. murinus "usambara/RCF/OBT"

Kordian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't mind if it is p.murinus or not, I just love her {D I know mamillatus is a synonym, but color is diffrent from usambra, rcf or obt. Everybody who saw her live was very impressed :)

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Kordian said:
I don't mind if it is p.murinus or not, I just love her {D I know mamillatus is a synonym, but color is diffrent from usambra, rcf or obt. Everybody who saw her live was very impressed :)
its still a usambara. So the colour cant be diffrent from usambara.. because it is a usambara :? man try to say that three times fast! lol