any ideas? (escapee)

jtablerd

Arachnopeon
:confused: alright, some of you may have read the thread in which i acquired a pair of hissing roaches.....my female was not in the tank this morning, does anyone have any ideas on how i might be able to lure her out? ive already torn everything apart looking for her before i realized that im looking for a freaking cockroach....and cockroaches, in my experience, run like hell from humans.....

the only plan ive come up with is to stay up tonite and listen around for some hissing, which i heard them doing the other nite...the male seems sad now......

jtablerd

Arachnopeon
got her!

actually the clawless cat belonging to my roommate found her...left leg #3 seems a bit damaged but still attatched, what is the story on that, can i expect it to heal?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
most bugs don't "heal" the way a person does

they can regerate and heal lost limbs, but it only becomes apparent they are healing after they molt. most of the "action" takes place underneathe their current exoskeleton

so if she is done molting ( i don't know if roaches continue to molt after being mature) she probably won't heal it... but if she is not, she probably will

p.s. cats are quite the master bug finders, i've found :)

i need to train one to take collecting with me :)

jtablerd

Arachnopeon
yea after a bit of research, mature roaches no longer molt, so i guess i'll just keep an eye on her and help her get to water and food if she needs it...

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
cacoseraph said:
most bugs don't "heal" the way a person does

they can regerate and heal lost limbs, but it only becomes apparent they are healing after they molt. most of the "action" takes place underneathe their current exoskeleton

so if she is done molting ( i don't know if roaches continue to molt after being mature) she probably won't heal it... but if she is not, she probably will

p.s. cats are quite the master bug finders, i've found :)

i need to train one to take collecting with me :)
My cut 'Pugsley' is the best wolf spider catcher around, since hw was a kitten I would go aoutside with him lifting rocks debri ect, first sign of movement and his paw would get it. The hard part was training him which bugs he could play with and which bugs I wanted, but with positive reinforcement [more bugs/treats for him] he quickly learned that by not killing the spiders he would be rewarded :)