Latest T Pics

ezekeil

Arachnopeon
Havnt posted anything for a while, so here are a few pics of my t's, they have been getting fat and growing quite a bit :D

B. Vagans. Was 4in, now 5in span.

P. Regalis. Was 1in, now 3in span.

Mlotec

Arachnopeon
Nice T's and pics! :clap: Question though is there two spiders in the first P.Regalis picture?

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Your B. vagans looks sorta like a B. ruhnaui. Maybe a mix-up?

-Jason

On a side note if it is a B. ruhnaui then you made out like a bandit. B. ruhnaui are much more rare in the T trade and are usually WAY more expensive.

:)

Last edited:

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Waxen said:
Your B. vagans looks sorta like a B. ruhnaui. Maybe a mix-up?

-Jason
I agree that it does look more like B. ruhnaui. I believe that B. vagans typically has a darker carapace.

ezekeil

Arachnopeon
Mlotec said:
Nice T's and pics! :clap: Question though is there two spiders in the first P.Regalis picture?

That was his dinner for the evening :D House spiders over here dont fight so there is no danger to the T!

I couldnt comment on the exact species because i dont know enough but it was sold to me as a Vagans!

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
a 4 to 5" ruhnaui has a yellow carapac, not this cupper. not even in premolt.

Till

Arachnopeon
I would definately not label this tarantula either as B. runhaui or B. vagans. B. vagans has a dark carapace, and as pointed out one post above me, B. ruhnaui has another colour aswell. I would safely label it B. spec and live with a hybrid. Do not breed with that animal!

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Till said:
I would definately not label this tarantula either as B. runhaui or B. vagans. B. vagans has a dark carapace, and as pointed out one post above me, B. ruhnaui has another colour aswell. I would safely label it B. spec and live with a hybrid. Do not breed with that animal!
I agree that it can't be ID'd and/or labeled by just the picture alone.

I also agree that the color appears to be a little off, but we are just looking at a picture, which may not represent the true color. Regardless of what particular species it is, the coloring in the picture looks to me like it is in need of a molt.

If you have a molt from this spider, you may be interested in locating someone that could properly ID it with the molt. I know there are currently issues in this genus and as Till said, I wouldn't attempt breeding until you are 100% sure of the ID and know that it isn't a hybrid.

Tarantulasse

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm no expert either, but when I saw the pic I thought B. ruhnai. I have a B. vagans and it doesn't look like that one, and I've been wanting to get a B. ruhnai for awhile....however, like I said...I'm no expert.

who knows? If it did turn out to be a B. ruhnai....you are lucky lucky lucky... :)

aaronrefalo

Arachnolord
Old Timer
the carapace is surly different from my b.vagans...but cant be like some one said that shes in a premoult......i would go for that..