Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens premolt

..and postmolt

Alias

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Acanthoscurria geniculata

..in such a threat pose, that she turns over :)

Alias

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Psalmopoeus irminia. best photo I could get :/ bred 3 months ago, waiting for eggsack.

Alias

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That is all for now. Missing is Brachypelma vagans, which is before molt, hidden, Haplopelma minax also hidden, and Brachypelma ruhnaui still too dull to be interesting.

Let me now if the images load quickly and properly, some problems were reported with this hosting..

Vladimir

Alias

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
and as an offtopic bonus, 1,2 Eublepharis macularius. Greta, Jessica and Lambach :)

refnulf

Arachnopeon
Alias said:
and as an offtopic bonus, 1,2 Eublepharis macularius. Greta, Jessica and Lambach :)

Do they eat Ts??? Whoa, beautiful pictures of the Ts man, that's one huge subfusca

Alias

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
refnulf said:
Do they eat Ts??? Whoa, beautiful pictures of the Ts man, that's one huge subfusca
no, they don't :) just standard stuff, crickets, roaches, locusts, occassionally Pachnoda larvae.. I was thinking about using cheap spiderlings such as B.albopilosum sometimes, but I'm afraid what effect the urticating hair might have on the gecko's digestive system..

and actually, the subfusca isn't exactly huge yet, it's just a grown spiderling, 6th molt, IIRC. bought her in 1st molt in May 04.

Alias

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
one more Chromatopelma, a twin of the one above.

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Beutiful tarantulas (especially the pokie and the GBB) :cool: you're so lucky to have a subfusca.

Another beautiful thing you have is your country! I was visiting it a while ago and loved it there, sorry I noticed your location hehe.

Alias

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
oh, thank you so much :) Scotland must be also a beautiful country.

getting the subfusca was not a matter of much luck, here in Prague lives a breeder, Mr.Šejna, who has (afaik) a third subfusca eggsack already.. however, the price (1000czk=22 british pounds), though definitely fair for such a spider, made me hesitate. as you can see, all my other spiders are from the cheaper side :rolleyes:

Alias

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok, I took two better photos. strange, the Poec is not nervous at all, just stubborn. hard to force her out of her nest.

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Alias said:
oh, thank you so much :) Scotland must be also a beautiful country.

getting the subfusca was not a matter of much luck, here in Prague lives a breeder, Mr.Šejna, who has (afaik) a third subfusca eggsack already.. however, the price (1000czk=22 british pounds)
Cripes! Over here you'd likely pay £50 for a spiderling! Maybe I should go back to Ceske Budejovice to buy some spiders then I'd have a perfect excuse for going back hehe! {D

Anthony

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is a great collection and photos. Congratulations and thanks for sharing