new enclosure

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice! I just saw those vivs (It's an Exo-Terra, right?) at a pet shop a few weeks ago. I'd love to use one for a Poecilotheria breeding tank. I'm sure your H. maculata will love it.

harrymaculata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
David_F said:
Very nice! I just saw those vivs (It's an Exo-Terra, right?) at a pet shop a few weeks ago. I'd love to use one for a Poecilotheria breeding tank. I'm sure your H. maculata will love it.
yeah it is, my male h.mac lives in one as well and hes always out and about in the day time.

siucfi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awsome enclosure, I hope to do that one day with my a.versi, my local pet shop has one of those in stock but its $70! Perhaps someday money will allow for me to something similar.

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful! I just bought one of them yesterday! I'm still looking for inspiration on decorating. They are so much better than a KK on it's side! A great habitat for your T, and a great display for you! :clap:

Anthony

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great cage, great decorating, should be content there.

ink_scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
siucfi said:
Awsome enclosure, I hope to do that one day with my a.versi, my local pet shop has one of those in stock but its $70! Perhaps someday money will allow for me to something similar.
Sticker shock is definitely the reason why I don't have one. Oh well, maybe others will come up with their own version and drive the price down a little. Supply and demand is indeed a wonderful attribute of our economy here in the U.S. One can only hope! :?

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
My female H. maculata is in one of those as well. I love the front opening doors. I just need to decorate mine as nicely as you've done! Nice job!

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
harrymaculata said:
heres my enclosure for my new maculata
how much did it cost? it was £45 in the pet shop i go to with the whole roof was ventalated so i chose one of these for £25.not as good to look at but will keep the humidity beeter.just need to add stand up log and another plant covering the back wall.

harrymaculata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
king7 said:
how much did it cost? it was £45 in the pet shop i go to with the whole roof was ventalated so i chose one of these for £25.not as good to look at but will keep the humidity beeter.just need to add stand up log and another plant covering the back wall.

mine cost me £25 and ive closed most the screen off to raise humidity

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
harrymaculata said:
If you dont mind me asking where are they available online?! The cheapest one I saw was £35 :eek:

harrymaculata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Crunchie said:
If you dont mind me asking where are they available online?! The cheapest one I saw was £35 :eek:
www.faunology.co.uk obviously there is shipping costs but there 25.99 online i just brought a load of heat mats i needed and other stuff to make up the cost of shipping, the service was excellent ordered thursday arrived friday morning all there and well packaged

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
harrymaculata said:

it was the larger one i was looking at for £45 and the smaller one was £25 :rolleyes:

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice set up...we have one of those tanks for our P.murinus and love them....they go for $44.00 canadian and up here. I like how you can set them up for either type of T. Aboreal or other wise. Just about every pet shop up here carries them now.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Everytime I go to Petco..I check them out and play with the doors and lid....I want one...but I don't know what to put in them.

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
perfect excuse to buy another T to go in it {D