two new T's :-)

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
orange baboon (Pterinochilus sp.)

very aggresive,bites at my breath.

cobalt blue (H.Lividum)

been after one of these for a while,not yet got full colours.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
How deep is the substrate in the H. lividum's enclosure?

Did you just get these? It looks like they've been in there for awhile...

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yes just got them both and the photos were taken in the tanks they came in,both are now in new tanks.

this is the baboons.do you think i need more substrate?

the cobalt has 4" in it,is this enough?also has bark to hide under.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'd give the H. lividum 6-8 inches of substrate (if it's full grown) and you may even want to start a burrow for it. It doesn't even need a hide - a burrow will suffice.

As for the P. murinus - I intially thought the background was the substrate! Heh, they don't need a lot, I give each of mine about 4 inches or so and they typically work the substrate into their webs.

What kind of substrate are you using?

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
normal garden peat,always used it since my first T :)

the H.lividum is around 4"

Last edited:

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
right becca, the blue needs to burrow. hey king, what is the beast on your shoulder?

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
T.blondi :)

around 7".

im confused :rolleyes: i dont know all the scientific names for T's but trying to learn them as i go.you call it a P. murinus but the web site i got the name from called it Pterinochilus sp.whats the sp at the end and why does it not have the murinus in it?

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
king7 said:
T.blondi :)

around 7".

im confused :rolleyes: i dont know all the scientific names for T's but trying to learn them as i go.you call it a P. murinus but the web site i got the name from called it Pterinochilus sp.whats the sp at the end and why does it not have the murinus in it?
You probably got it from somewhere that didn't have their names updated. It used to be thought that this spider was a different species than P. murinus, but it was eventually determined that it was just a geographical color variant of P. murinus (the normal color form is a tan color).

There are three color forms of P. murinus - Red Color Form (RCF), Normal Color Form (NCF) and an Intermediate Color Form. What you have is RCF.

Prior to this, these spiders were listed as Pterinochilus spp, meaning that they were believed to be in the Pterinochilus genus, but the species had not yet been determined.