PDA

View Full Version : P. irminia and B. smithi

GQ.
07-01-2005, 05:06 PM
I was doing some cleaning and snapped a couple photos of these two.

Up first is a nice little P. irminia. I'm liking these more and more every time I look at them.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/GilbertQ/Pirminia30June2005.jpg

Second up is a big mama B. smithi. She just molted last week. I have a small male I'm hoping to put with her eventually. He just needs to get with the program and go through his penultimate molt.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/GilbertQ/SmithiFemaleB30June2005.jpg

Enjoy!
:)

ink_scorpion
07-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing! :clap: :worship:

king7
07-01-2005, 06:26 PM
very nice :clap:

GQ.
07-02-2005, 03:03 AM
Thanks for the nice remarks! Hopefully I'll be posting some breeding B. smithi photos in the next few weeks. :)

Tarantulasse
07-02-2005, 03:12 AM
YAY! Breeding Smithi's...... we have 3, none of them are old enough for breeding and won't be for a bit.....I can't wait!! I will love to see your photos, hope all goes well!

Vys
07-02-2005, 04:17 AM
Very nice, although the smithi looks a little awkward climbing around like that :)

What kind of plant is that, may I ask? And do you keep it in their enclosures?

PinkLady
07-02-2005, 08:59 AM
Very nice pictures...Can't wait till our "Mrs.Smith" (B.Smithi) and "Swoosh"(P.Irminia) get to that size. Beautiful T's.

aaronrefalo
07-03-2005, 09:04 AM
in the future i surly want a P.irimia.....a have 2 B.smithi.......i think a have a male....and the other one i can think by tring to sex it that is a female...shes much smaller .... :(

Aaron

Immortal_sin
07-03-2005, 09:58 AM
I really really really like the pic of the P irminia! Very nice arrangement!

reptimike
07-03-2005, 10:56 AM
that's indeed a beautifull p.irminia nice mate

Bellis
07-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Ahh, everyone in the pics forum makes me so jealous! Atm, especially GQ.. I think i'm in love with your irminia {D

Congrats to everyone, on their beautifull collections :clap:

GQ.
07-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the comments everone! Smithi have always been a favorite of mine. This girl doesn't flick excessively like my male does so she is sort of my the favored smithi around here. :)

The P. irminia is really a beautiful tarantula too. I think everyone should have one in their collection! This one is quickly winning over my affections. :)

Vys,

I can't recall what kind of plant that is. It is a potted plant that I've been contemplating putting in a nice arboreal cage setup. I'll dig around and see if I can come up with the name of the plant. Yes, the smithi does look a bit cramped. It had crawled to the top of the cactus pad and peeked over the top. A bit of sun hit it and it retracted into the half defensive posture. I thought the picture turned out to be a nice diversion from the other spread legged photos I have of it.

-Gilbert