P. irminia and B. smithi

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I was doing some cleaning and snapped a couple photos of these two.

Up first is a nice little P. irminia. I'm liking these more and more every time I look at them.

Second up is a big mama B. smithi. She just molted last week. I have a small male I'm hoping to put with her eventually. He just needs to get with the program and go through his penultimate molt.

Enjoy!
:)

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks for the nice remarks! Hopefully I'll be posting some breeding B. smithi photos in the next few weeks. :)

Tarantulasse

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
YAY! Breeding Smithi's...... we have 3, none of them are old enough for breeding and won't be for a bit.....I can't wait!! I will love to see your photos, hope all goes well!

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice, although the smithi looks a little awkward climbing around like that :)

What kind of plant is that, may I ask? And do you keep it in their enclosures?

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice pictures...Can't wait till our "Mrs.Smith" (B.Smithi) and "Swoosh"(P.Irminia) get to that size. Beautiful T's.

aaronrefalo

Arachnolord
Old Timer
in the future i surly want a P.irimia.....a have 2 B.smithi.......i think a have a male....and the other one i can think by tring to sex it that is a female...shes much smaller .... :(

Aaron

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I really really really like the pic of the P irminia! Very nice arrangement!

Bellis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ahh, everyone in the pics forum makes me so jealous! Atm, especially GQ.. I think i'm in love with your irminia {D

Congrats to everyone, on their beautifull collections :clap:

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks for the comments everone!
have always been a favorite of mine. This girl doesn't flick excessively like my male does so she is sort of my the favored smithi around here. :)

The P. irminia is really a beautiful tarantula too. I think everyone should have one in their collection! This one is quickly winning over my affections. :)

Vys,

I can't recall what kind of plant that is. It is a potted plant that I've been contemplating putting in a nice arboreal cage setup. I'll dig around and see if I can come up with the name of the plant. Yes, the smithi does look a bit cramped. It had crawled to the top of the cactus pad and peeked over the top. A bit of sun hit it and it retracted into the half defensive posture. I thought the picture turned out to be a nice diversion from the other spread legged photos I have of it.

-Gilbert