disco pinktoe

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice enclosure you have. What type of branches are those?

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Really cool enclosure.
I can't imagine that Avic takes a stroll around those twisting branches very often though :/

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Vys said:
Really cool enclosure.
I can't imagine that Avic takes a stroll around those twisting branches very often though :/
The two A.avics i had were always really active, so i could see them walkin around on thise.

rgfx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
twistin branches

the branches are mainly ivy thats been stripped of bark, had the grain exposed by rubbing with a wire brush, and cooked (190deg-1 hr). also a bit of wisteria and grape vine and corkscrew hazel to clip the branches together a bit.
Because i chose really twisty bits of ivy theres no need to glue it, but you have to spend hours getting it to lock together right.
The branches are just wedged in tight, in roughly the top diagonal half of the tank, (if you get what i mean...hard to explain!) so that he still has a bit of room to drop down on those horrid crix.
Theres a lot more space between the branches than it appears in the photos.
all the branches are about a full (juvi) spider-leg-stretch apart.
the avic swings round most of it like a monkey. His water bowl is an upturned sea-shell wedged in a a fork in the ivy in the middle of the tank. (doesn't get muddy with substrate traipsed thru it)

also, i don't really care if he uses it all, i'm the one who's gotta look at it while he's chillin out in his tent (23hrs a day), as long as you don't sacrifice T wellbeing for aesthetics there's no harm makin a cool enclosure.

cheers all.

Last edited:

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
rgfx said:
also, i don't really care if he uses it all, i'm the one who's gotta look at it while he's chillin out in his tent (23hrs a day), as long as you don't sacrifice T wellbeing for aesthetics there's no harm makin a cool enclosure.

cheers all.
Of course not. I was just saying most Avics are ungrateful bastards :)

rgfx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ungrateful? surely not! they jus show their appreciation by projectile defaecating all down the glass!

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cool web. my 1 1/2 avic doesn't do any webbing at all. I hope he/she will get wise to the idea