My new additions! Yay Pokies!

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I am so happy!! I got three new slings today from David Avery of Avery Exotics. I traded a bunch of my spiders for these three.

P. regalis, 1.75" Much bigger than I thought! It is very cute. This is my first time holding a Pokie, and it was an awesome experience!

P. miranda, 1.25". I've been wanting one of these since I got my first tarantula, I never thought I would ever get one. Can't wait til it puts on some size!

Last but not least, C. cyaneopubescens 1.5". Man the colours on these little guys is unbelievable!

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Congrats on your new "kids" :)

And you're so right about those GBBS.....and it only gets BETTER as they head toward those beautiful adult colors. :)

Wysi

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Great additions. :clap:

And you seem to be really excited about them...and I can't blame you. They're all sweet. I'm really looking forward to updates, so if you can, please do!

Blasphemy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Those are really nice additions, good luck with them all.

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah, Dave is a great guy, I get all my stuff from him as well. I also have one of his GBBs, great little spiders. I am getting a bunch of pokies off him when I get back from PEI.

Mad Hatter

Arachnofriend
Old Timer
I agree, those are some very nice T's you've got. Congrats! I'd like to get a pokie at some point, but I have too many spiders in my collection as it is. And GBB's are great T's - fast growing little buggers too.

aaronrefalo

Arachnolord
Old Timer
not nice photos....amazing ones....hehe all 3 i want them in my collection....i had 2 weeks ago a mature p.regalis male....but it turned into a ball of food for thr female....hopefullly they mated.....they are great species..

Aaron

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Thanks everyone for the nice comments! I will certainly post more pics of them, the P. miranda may be in pre-molt according to David, so I'll be sure to post some pics of that!

Last edited:

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is one great lookin P.regalis, It must be fun to watch a pokie develop from a sling into an adult in full colours.
Good Luck!

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lorgakor said:
Thanks everyone for the nice comments! I will certainly post more pics of them, the P. miranda may be in pre-molt according to David, so I'll be sure to post some pics of that!
id like to see these after every molt {D

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
king7 said:
id like to see these after every molt {D
That can be arranged! I am mental when it comes to my camera, just can't seem to stop taking pictures!

Wolfy72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice T's and nice pics, although the hand in them does kinda ruin the photo.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Wolfy72 said:
Nice T's and nice pics, although the hand in them does kinda ruin the photo.
Well, I guess you are entitled to your own opinion. :rolleyes: I quite like photos like that myself. Besides, these are brand new spiders, they were being rehoused and I don't have any other pics of them yet.

MarknMiami

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very nice!...I have a GBB about the same size as yours...Good luck with your new babies :)

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Thanks!

My little P. miranda molted in the middle of the night! I knew she was going too, I saw her laying down a little molting web. She still looks little and spindly, but I think she'll fill out a little more. Once she has had a good rest I'll post some pics! The C. cyaneopubescens is also in premolt. Her little bald spot has turned black.

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lorgakor said:
That can be arranged! I am mental when it comes to my camera, just can't seem to stop taking pictures!
im the same but the camera isnt up to the job otherwise these forums would be full of my T's :D