My V.wacketi before......

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Beautyfull :drool: Is the one with the purple/pink coloration male or female?

aaronrefalo

Arachnolord
Old Timer
hi buteful species...i think the male is the purple one right?...

Aaron

newneo_arek

Arachnopeon
aaronrefalo said:
hi buteful species...i think the male is the purple one right?...

Aaron
Yes, that's right. The male is purple and female is brown spider.

By the way - is there somebody who have a lot of tarantulas or another animals and he can do photos of them? I need animals photos for my website - www.terrarysta.com.pl . Can somebody help me?

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How sure are you that what you have there is Vitalius wacketi. Is that what you purchased them as? Did someone I.D. them for you? Are they WC specimens? Just curious!

Last edited:

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think to further confuse, V. wacketi is what we here in the states call P. or V. "platyomma", or just Pamphobeteus sp. "platyomma".

Nice pics though!

Check out next issue of E&A's Invertebrates Magazine, I've just finished an article on breeding them. I hope all like it! :D

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think to further confuse, V. wacketi is what we here in the states call P. or V. "platyomma", or just Pamphobeteus sp. "platyomma".
Kelly, well I was ceratainly thinking from the photos that they were pet trade "platyomma". However, to the best of my understanding iirc V. wacketi is a valid species, and the real V. wacketi is not the undescribed Pamphobeteus sp. "platyomma". There's a thread somewhere on this site talking about Bertani (I think!) dispelling the notion that V. wacketi = pet trade "platyomma".

But ANYWAY! Nice pictures and thank you for sharing them!

Last edited:

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Yup i don't know how they have gotten that name as the is a real V.wacketi >Here< and >Here< it's say's those pic's are from Dr Bertani iv heard he knows a bit about SA T's ;).

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, I saw that thread. I noticed alot of sites with a pic of Pampho sp. "platyomma", labeled V. wacketi.

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Swifty said:
Yeah, I saw that thread. I noticed alot of sites with a pic of Pampho sp. "platyomma", labeled V. wacketi.
Hiya Kelly,

Nice to see you on the boards again these days. ;)

Anyway, for awhile, I thought platyomma was supposed to be wacketi because I saw the wacketi on someone's site and it looked like a platyomma to me. But now, I'm looking at Rick's site and there look absolutely NOTHING
alike. (Then again, I haven't seen an immature male and only photos of the mature males).

I've got 2 big female V. playomma and my smaller one was captive bred.
The big one is about 7 inches in legspan and the smaller one is probably 5.5
to 6.

But I'm curious -- as long as this species has been around, why isn't it on
Rick West's site? I wouldn't be surprised if he had a few in his collection
since they're so beautiful, especially the mature males (judging by the photos).

Wysi