Avic avic egg sack

nowhereman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well our female avic gave us a 4th of July gift yesterday. :D
Bamaspidermans male avic, "paw" has displayed some very unexpected behavior. He covers the web entrance. :confused:

Last edited:

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice, how long has it been since she was mated? Good luck with the sack

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thats fascinating, so the female is inside with the eggsac and the male is guarding the entrance? Wow, that is cool. Could you get some more pictures?

nowhereman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice, how long has it been since she was mated?
They have been living together since April and have mated many times.

Thats fascinating, so the female is inside with the eggsac and the male is guarding the entrance? Wow, that is cool. Could you get some more pictures?
As far as I can figure. They have always got along well. I'll shoot more pics as soon as I get a chance.
I have a few I'll try to find of them sitting side by side. Hence the names "maw and "paw".

Blasphemy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
mated several times? sound to me like they're just having fun

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A squared eggsac...

Pure dynamite dude! Good luck with the eggsac. When my suntiger was brooding her eggsac I often found the male sitting at the top of her tube lair. Just sitting there. I think he was guarding his family...
or, wanted her to come out and play. {D :p

versimomma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congratulations :clap: . We too have an egg sac which our fem layed for us in the early hours of the 3rd.
I was thinking along the lines that the male could be guarding the female and waiting for her to come back into 'season' as it were. Mice and other small animals are terrible for giving birth and coming into heat almost straight away. Wondering if he is waiting for the babies to leave to mate again. Whihc raises another question. Does the female have to moult before being mated again?
Hope you have lots of little cute babies.

nowhereman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Same to you versimomma. I'm having a hard time going to work. I want to see what these two do next. It's evident the female is in no way threatened by the presence of the male. Today we had some pretty good thunderstorms. The male went into the web and covered the female and the sack. No mating attempts were ever made. I'm amazed. :)

Last edited:

versimomma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is definatley the stuff for an article of some kind.. I hope you are taking notes. x

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
well wouldnt it be risky letting them live together? my mature male passed on but im not sure if my females gravid (they too mate 2 or 3 times) im not sure if i should let the next male that gives it a shot to live with her or not. Should i get a larger cage? Let me know please, thanks,,

James

nowhereman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Some would say it's a no no, but I have to know. :)

Last edited: