Graphic images of a brown recluse bite

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hoosier said:
Looks like he scratched it too much. Not a laughing matter. I think I've seen that picture before. It seems it would be tempting to just cut your hand off. I think my neighbor was bit on his hand by a recluse. Big, deep, oozing red gash and he didn't know where it came from. It finally healed over. I am just realizing that now. Yea, I think that's what it was....spider bite. I thought it was some kind of fungus when I first saw it. The recluse is very common here in the central tx. hill country.

ilovebugs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sweet. those pics have been around for a while. I posted them on my online journal a year ago, and people still talk about it. hah. pretty gross, but one of the best as far as going through the whole getting worse part.

Elizabeth

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
David_F said:
Ifsf xf hp bhbjo. :rolleyes:

LOL! Hey, actually an appropriate comment considering the worth of these pictures from an educational point of view! These have been covered before in other threads. :wall: Just sensationalistic pics that don't tell you much about L reclusa in the end. What's next? The giant Camel Spider pics from Iraq? :rolleyes:

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Since people have only addressed this indirectly: Those photos are unknown in origin. They may indeed represent an extreme case of a brown recluse bite, they may be photos of the bite of some other venomous creature, or they may be somebody's makeup effects project.

The Snopes blurb on the photos