Im so worried!

Elmolax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my favorite taratula isnt very big, and she is in a 10 gal tank ... I canmt afford anything else ATM.
But shye is pre-molt.. and has been working on some heavy webbing (possilbe hammock?)... but she ventures to the top and she keeps on hurting her abdomen, and she wotn stop climbing. Right now she is bleeding from a small wound (blood is minimum) and she is very shaky and still trying to climb...
What should I do to stop her from climbing??!?!? Please help!!

Elmolax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wolfpak said:
increase the substrate
I don't have any money for that either :'(
Unless it's ok to use shreeded aspen or shredded northern white..

wolfpak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
never tried that before. probably work temporarily

Stracs-arachs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
walmart run

Go to walmart and buy a $2.99 tupaware container...or like wolfpak said increase the substrate!!

juggalo69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe your tank is too humid. If I overfill my T waterdish sometimes she will spend a couple of days hanging out at the top of her tank.

Beccas_824

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How big is she? perhaps if you have a small container laying around the house or in your kitchen cabinets this may work until you can buy a more suitable home for her.

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If she's bleeding your going to have to patch her up with super glue or similar, or she will bleed to death.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Is this one you caught in the wild?

If so - release it back where you found it (after patching it up).

Either that or get a smaller cheap container. As someone else suggested, you can go to WalMart or even a dollar store.

Last edited:

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sounds like it's pretty stressed. Look through your fridge/kitchen and try to find a suitable and lower container...like empty out a peanut butter or mayonaise jar. I am thinking just to wad up some paper towels on top of the substrate, temporarily.