What's Your Favorite T?

Stealth Taco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Favorite T?

Ok so what is you fav. type or Tarantula that you own or want? Is there any particular reason WHY you want it?

I currently have a G. Rosea (3"), a G. Aureostriata (.75" sling), and an Avic. Avic. (3") I do want to get a new one but I can't decide what. Any suggestion for one such as me with a blossoming collection? The list of your favs would help a lot. :D

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't have a specific T that is my favorite, but I really like old world Ts for their speed and aggression

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You all ready have my fav. T (G.aureostriata) but a B.smithi would be a great T to add in someone collection :)

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
rosehaired1979 said:
You all ready have my fav. T (G.aureostriata) but a B.smithi would be a great T to add in someone collection :)
your right B.smithi is a great T, my sling just molted last night and is now about 1 3/4"

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Tapinauchenius is what does it for me.....I'm obsessed big time. I've currently got 9 specimens of this genus, with 7 more on order and a female T. gigas sitting on an eggsac.
Of this genus, I would have to say T. plumipes is my favorite.

Last edited:

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
My tap doesnt even rate, though I bet if I offered it...
I took some poster pics today, I guess you could say I did my favorites...
B baum, P ultramurinus, B klaasi, B ruhnaui, M mesomelas, A versi....I should toss in an immanis for luck. Then I have to pick 3 to U/L..

T
(all adult female btw, cept the meso and immanis, 3.5" fems)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
hmmm, that is too difficult of a question!
my favorite T that I own would have to be my A chalcodes...she is of the utmost calm disposition, and subdued beauty....
Some others I own that I am impressed by: P metallica (so expensive!), B klassi (so pretty!), P regalis (so impressive), G pulchra (so....black!), P guangxiensis (so..unpronouncable!), B emilia (so...Rosemary!), L parahybana (so...big!), T apophysis (so urticatingly itchy), and my A purpurea (so....purple)

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Im quite fond of Halopelma Genus. Epsecially Lividum. For thier color, temperment, and awesome burrows. Martin's method (he borrowed from Volker Von Wirth ) for enclosure makes it possible to view them even while burrowed in.

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
My tap doesnt even rate, though I bet if I offered it...
Hmmmm........are you offering it? :} If she ever needs to find a new home, make sure I'm at the top of the list! I don't even remember if I saw her when me and Sky were at your place. All Tapinauchenius are welcome, even unknown species! {D

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My favorite species so far is A. geniculata overall for looks and feeding response. Everyone should have at least one.

MyNameHere

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
a few of my favorite T's....

Right now I only have A. versicolor, which I chose for their color and warm fuzzy looks. Other Avics on my wishlist include huriana, metallica, and purpurea. Others on the wishlist are Brachypelma emilia, B. boehmei, B. smithi, B. vagans, Grammastola aureostriata (just for the sheer size and handleability of it),G. pulchra, and Chromatopelma cyanopubescens.

cichlidsman

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i don't have a fav in collection, but i like my h.lividum and my sling rosey(g.rosea). what the hell i like my adult rosey and my zebra( a. seemanni) a lot too. the next spider that i want is a green bottle blue(chromatopelma cyanopubescens). or a asian black(h. minax).

Stealth Taco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great T's all of them. As for color though, I'm gonna have to give my fav to C. cyaneopubescens! But keep em coming, this is interesting. {D

armstrong82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i personally like my H. Lividum and my T. Blondi, well, i like them all.

spidergoddess

spidergoddess
Old Timer
P. cancerides is my top favorite. So spidery-looking, the adult just molted and is a rich deep brown, gorgeous. And that she stays out in the open where I can see her is a big plus. The slings are a pretty steely blue. I'm also most taken with my new V. platyomma slings - seem to have a nice boldness to them, and they are SO pretty. Most interested in getting P. antinous. Oh, I'd be happy to have ANY Pamphobeteus or Pormictopus species. As I'm not very interested in handling my spiders, I don't mind that they are the less friendly types. I like them with hearty appetites.

spidergoddess

spidergoddess
Old Timer
Oh &^$%^$%, it drives me nuts to have a misspelling. That should have been Phormictopus. Fingers must be slippery from mowing all that grass today.

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
Easy one my fav has to be Cyriocosmus elegans closely followed by Cyriocosmus leetzi :)

Snake_Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine would probably be Pterinochilus murinus and/or Psalmopoeus irminia simply for their beauty

and aggression. ;)

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I dunno-I guess it would be a three-way tie between my Grammostola aureostriata, my Grammostola pulchra and my Brachypelma boehmei, but it is really hard to choose! An old friend of mine in Louisiana just mailed me a surprise birthday package which I got today, consisting of a ziplock bag full of homemade "Tasso"(HOT-HOT Cajun pork jerky)AND an adorable little tarantula that had taken up residence in his greenhouse! I believe it's an Aphonopelma hentzi, since that's the only species I am pretty sure is found in Louisiana. I HOPE it's a female, since I have really become fond of this little brown furry thing! It's about 3 inches across, and as sweet as can be; I will be a very upset redhead if it moults out a male!

pitbulllady