RIP: Helen the Flyin' Skwerl

Fini

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Some things just don't make sense. Sometimes the coincidences seem difficult to believe. Let me explain.

Helen was given to me by a woman I met through one of the flying squirrel message boards years ago. Her Doctor at the time informed her that she had an allergy to her pet squirrel and that she should seek a new home for her friend. I happen to live in the area, so I volunteered to take her and raise her. Helen was a sweetie from the get-go. While we never fully bonded (she was several months old when we adopted) we certainly shared. I had recently logged into here again after an absence and was even planning to get another flyer. Monday I ordered her new bedding and some toys, yesterday I picked up her favorite foods, last night I go into her enclosure to razz her and I find her cuddled in her bedding very still. She had passed. Helen was five years old.

I don't plan to let this keep me from flyers in the future though. I'd like to find another baby soon to raise. The house just isn't the same without the grinding of hazelnuts and a wodent wheel at high speed at 2 in the morning.

If there's anyone on AB that has a flyer connection, let me know. I'm looking for another fuzz ball.