ID please?

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was wondering if anyone could give me a rough guess as to what T this is? I know you cannot rey on a pic for a posotive ID, im just after a rough guess based upon its looks, here's the pics

Last edited:

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i recognise it but i just can't put a name to it. also for some reason it makes me think of RCF G.Rosea even though i know it is'nt, duh :?

Wikkids_Wench

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The shape of the legs (i.e. built like a tank), red hairs on the legs and abdomen and the dark triangle over the eyes against the paler carapace suggest B. Emilia to me...

(The morph that has the dark triangle on pale rather than a pale triangle on dark is the Panama Emilia).

Look about right?

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Something very interesting, an obvious close relation to many Chilean spp. ;)

Steve

taorchard1987

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i've been told this is the latin:

Euathlus trunculentus

But ive looked everywhere and phones pet stores, this name is virtually non-existent.
It does look like some kind of Brachypelma sp but at the same time it looks like a sp from Chile.
What would you recommend keeping it like? i was thinking like a Grammastola Rosea

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,
Well, maybe. This species has the double mirror patch which is also seen in the Grammastola, isn't it?? I dunno, this looks a lot like the real G.cala too, maybe too much gold on the carapace.......I don't know, I hate NW spiders! ;)