PDA

View Full Version : P.Regalis advice

necroscope
03-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Hi.I've had my Pokie since november.It hides constantly and seems to moult every 4 weeks.From this I think it is probably male.
I hadn't seen it for about 6 weeks so today i decided to dig it out of it's web.I've done this and cleaned the tank and found 2 moults in it's hidey.
It's now about 6"-7" from front leg to back legs.the only problem is that its seems very slow and lathargic all the humidity and temp are fine.It's just listless and even when moved with a pokie stick it doesn't react the way it used to,which was run faster than i could see.:confused:
Also it's abdomen is tiny but crickets have been dissapearing so i assume it's eating.
I would appreciate any advice as i'm very worried.
Cheers Mike.:?

angelarachnid
03-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Hi Mike,

The comments in your post are confusing me. Where did you get it from and when?

>>Hi.I've had my Pokie since november.It hides constantly and seems to >>moult every 4 weeks.

moulting every 4 weeks sounds like a juvenile

>>I hadn't seen it for about 6 weeks so today i decided to dig it out of it's >>web.I've done this and cleaned the tank and found 2 moults in it's hidey.
>>It's now about 6"-7" from front leg to back legs.the only problem is that its >>seems very slow and lathargic all the humidity and temp are fine.It's just >>listless and even when moved with a pokie stick it doesn't react the way it >.used to,which was run faster than i could see.

Sounds like it is either a bit dehydrated OR you have found it freshley after a moult what colour was its fangs when you noticed this?

white or slightly red then freshley moulted

black give it a drink

>>Also it's abdomen is tiny

also a sign of Deydration or moulting

Ray

necroscope
03-18-2006, 08:40 AM
Hi Ray,I bought it from the a pet shop in sandhurst last November.It was 1.5 inches then.It has moulted frequently(every 4 weeks or so).
When i say dug out of his web that is because it was totally encased for weeks.It's web is it's self made hidey.
It's fangs are black so I will give it a drink.
I'm sorry for confusing you I've been working long hours and I'm a bit shattered(can't think straight:o )
thanks for the advice Ray.
Cheers Mike.

angelarachnid
03-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Hi Mike

>>Hi Ray,I bought it from the a pet shop in sandhurst last November.It was
>>1.5 inches then.It has moulted frequently(every 4 weeks or so).

Ok i dont think it is fully mature but could be You bought it in Sandhurst and you live in Aldershot, am i right in saying they are both in Kent?

If so do a google for Invicta Arachnid Group someone there who is more close at hand might be able to advise you by seeing the spider.

>>When i say dug out of his web that is because it was totally encased for >>weeks.It's web is it's self made hidey.
>>It's fangs are black so I will give it a drink.

OK good idea

>>I'm sorry for confusing you

(before ANYONE else says it) no problem thats not hard {D {D

>>I've been working long hours and I'm a bit shattered(can't think straight )

I dont work and i dont think straight most of the time

>>thanks for the advice Ray.

No Probs
Cheers Ray

pokiecollector
03-18-2006, 01:21 PM
It should be fine if it's made it that far in the same atmosphere, that's just the way some pokies are.

necroscope
03-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Well I'm glad to say it's eating.i think it drank some moisture from the glass as well.:)
I'm not a hundred percent sure on that but it looked like it.:?
Thanks for help guys.
Cheers Ray.{D