Sex me ! Cyriopagopus sp blue

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i couldnt comment on the sex but yo..that is one impressive tarantula!!!!!!!
isnt that sp.usually agressive to?

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Almost looks like there might be a furrow... would be better off if you sexed the molt...

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i say male too, the general area is too narrow and small. the furrow barely shows and i think i see fusillae from the color difference (grey patch surrounded by purple/blue)

Syndicate: notice the fangs are red, it just molted, probably unable to bite and not as aggressive/defensive post molt

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hard to tell but....

The underside is very hard to tell however I had a mature male and he didn't get that big before he molted mature. His mature size was about 6-7". The molt before his maturing molt he was only 4". How big is yours in the photo??

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
No comment on the sex, but I would personally advise against holding one so soon from molting...

Ralph

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok.thanks. i comfirmed with the molt.it's a male.
now he is around 12CM LS.
pretty nice color! but the female would be more blue/purple on size!

Endora

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well he is a very nice looking T you are lucky that you can manage to hold such an agressive T without any problems.

Ralph

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
LOL~Isn't it!
he just finishd molting then,i took out him and puted on my arm.
Yup.they do really so agressive as usuall.

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You said it just molted, so why dont you have some pics of the molt (that is how you sex them afterall)??

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I dont believe it ither.... its only calm because it has no energy post molt to fight with you. I would not make holding that guy a regular practice. The venom is possible stronger then you are ready for.

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey Ryan,
My female is VERY docile.....but it looks pre molt. I will see in a few months !

I moved her to a larger cage today and it "froze" like stick insect. I thought for sure it would show some aggresion...not yet though !

Bob

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice she looks like maybe premolt. I have had a few that were "calm" most of the time. But they snap out of it at the weirdest times and jump start the heart lol.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just received a 2" one for free :) Ill post pics my batteries are charging atm. As far as aggression though I held mine with little problems, VERY fast. But was calm after about a minute of holding. After holding my Suspinipes I dont think any "non poisonous" invert really scares me lol..

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I just received a 2" one for free :) Ill post pics my batteries are charging atm. As far as aggression though I held mine with little problems, VERY fast. But was calm after about a minute of holding. After holding my Suspinipes I dont think any "non poisonous" invert really scares me lol..
its venomous not poisonous. anyway. this species could be as bad as a pokie.