Peruvian Giant Centipede pics.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Just got a few pics of my Scolopendra gigantia. She is about 12 inches now. I will take a pic of her next to a ruler when i get the balls to put my hand close enuff to her. I call it a "her" Becuase she liad eggs in the summer of 2001. She ate them the next day though.:(

Attachments

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I've had her for about three years now, This past summer was the first time i ever saw her molt. Too bad i didnt have a digital cam at the time.:mad:

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I would love to breed her , but finding a male and finding info on breeding these centipedes is hard to come by. Does anybody have a link to articales on breeding these?

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Philth
I would love to breed her , but finding a male and finding info on breeding these centipedes is hard to come by. Does anybody have a link to articales on breeding these?
this is something i found some time ago and posted in another post ...

the link:
http://www.earthlife.net/insects/chilopod.html

Breeding
Males spin a small web onto which they deposit a spermatophore for the female to take up, sometimes there is a courtship dance, sometimes the males just leave them for the females to find. In temperate areas egg laying occurs in Spring and Summer but in subtropical and tropical areas there appears to be little seasonality to Centipede breeding.

unquote

there is some quite intersting info on this site