maybe we shoud tell people t.s dont kill people

what is the reaction from people when they know your pet is a t. do they

• Total voters

neilkane

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
how do your friends and family etc react knowing that u keep t.s. do they say your mad and that tarantulas are scary dangerous and run around biting humans lol{D most people i have met ie collegues at work think that they do for some reason. lol how many people go arhh aint that sweet. ?

8 legged freak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well my mum thinks they're adorable :D it was her idea in the first place to get one :) the rest of my family doesn't step in my house lol 'cause they think we keep them loose in the house :? strange people. . . my friends also don't come round my house but they all suck anyway so i don't mind :D i don't actually know anyone else round my area of my age who are into T's.. pathetic people. .don't know what they're missing :drool:

vincent

neilkane

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
is a good privacy tool

aint seen my parants since put 10 t.s in my front room lol;) is funny what people think ive had people go oh but cant they kill u and silly stuff like that.

Fierce Deity

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I usually get one of the 3 following replies:
"Ewww, why would you want that?!?!"
"Are they poisonous? Can they kill you? Have you ever been bitten?"
"That is so cool!"
Unfortunately, it is usually the first two.

neilkane

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it was that movie that put the idea in people

its that movie that did it.

i kinda think spiders look cuddly with all that hair on em not scary looking at all

8 legged freak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i usually get "eww" too =P and the occasional "they're de-fanged aren't they?" or "have they had the venom taken out?" so i just say "o_O . .no i had extra long fangs installed on them". .obviously sarcasm. . and then the person sort of laughs and walks off. . as though i'm a mad freak . . :p which i wouldn't blame them really ;P

vincent

neilkane

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
oh yeah forgot that one about pet t.s having poison glands tied or fangs taken out so their not poisenous any more

i so wanna laugh at them

snakeheaven89

Arachnopeon
i get alsorts, eww or cool etc

was at the aes and people asked are they poisonous, can they kill you etc, kinda funny tbh and then you see the people who come to an invert show(mainly spids) and there like weww i hate spids, or that oen remids me of the one i put down the drain last nite lol

J

dragyn5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have had all kinds of reactions!!! Most are that I am totally nuts to have those killer spiders and aren't I worried about them getting loose and attacking me and my family.

Most of my close friends just know it's me and are not too surprised. I grew up on a ranch and have had many animals...mostly mammals but still.;)

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Most people think I am nuts, that it is going to get out, etc..........

BlackxLilies

Arachnopeon
mostly I get bewildered looks followed by "you have a *what*?" lol my family thinks I'm crazy, even my dad who likes my Ts, my friends think I'm weird. Very few people go "awesome, tarantulas are cool".

neilkane

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
opinion

so generally the human population lack in information on this subject i wonder where people get these ideas from.

maybe they should stick this subject on t.s into school programs so people understand the truth about these shy animals. if more people learn the truth maybe we would all learn more about them at a quicker pace.

Last edited:

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
most people I have met arent scared of them or that they can hurt them. They just think anyone owning a spider is just odd. But 90% of the people that have seen mine are more of the idea that its cool, just please dont take it out near them lol.

I know everytime my friends come into my room they always look into my blondi's tank and say cool where is your spider today

Bedlam

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I usually have people cringe at the thought of it. Some people aren't frightened by it and think it's just me being strange again, which isn't anything new really.

I LOVE when people try to tell me facts they "know"....
My fav: "You know, a single bite could kill you?"

I'm tempted to call these people idiots, but it's just that they dont know anything beyond what they think they learned from the movie Arachnophobia.

Natco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The two biggest questions I get is (and I bet no one will be surprised here….) "what if they get out?" and "are they poisonous?" After that they just basically tell me I'm mad or sick….

gothsinpink

Arachnopeon
my family is alright with all my pets...i bought 3 of them to get over the fear of them...my ball python, my emperor scorpion, and my rosie T.....but yeah m friends freak out all the time but thats ok i just need to get new friends with similair intrests....need another freaky friend like me lol

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hah the one i hear mostly is "youre never going to find a girl having those".

wickedsweetheart

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i'v gotten "you have a what?? and then Why?????, can they bite, will it hurt you?? and so on and so on, where i work they have a board for pics of ppls kids, pets, new cars, what ever they want to hang up, i put up elvira, our g. rosea and got all those questions from at least 10 ppl, lol