found the holy grail!!!!

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I GOT ONE! I GOT ONE!!finally have a gooty saphire!went to a big reptile show and purchased a gooty sling..i feel like i won the lottery.reaserch and pics and wishing..and i got one!THANXTODD!pics coming as soon as i see some color(female.female...please god female!)thanx everyone on the boards for filling me with the rite info to keep my new baby alive and healthy(i sound like ive won an award or something,lol)

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ok...am i the only 1 that finds getting a gooty exciting???or is there a new spider in town that everybody is drooling over???lol

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey fangs! congrats, wanna give me it!? ;) ha jk, hope its a female!

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
fangsalot said:
or is there a new spider in town that everybody is drooling over???lol
Honestly, no.

P. Mettlica is nice but for the price I could get some very beautiful tarantulas. Think about it if it dies you are out some $$$. Congrats on the new addition. But you may find that they are not as popular as you might think.

For me it is just too pricely and not really that beautiful

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I didn't know you found a new colourful species that's not in the hobby?

P. metallica are NOT the holy grail. Holy grail implies impossible to acquire/discover/find.

Edit: nice addition, btw.

Last edited:

Arachnoheebs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mazol Tov!!!!

MAZOL TOV :clap: !! Good luck and enjoy.
Neu World Tarantulas

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
moricollins said:

P. metallica are NOT the holy grail. Holy grail implies impossible to acquire/discover/find.

i think,,after searching and searching,,i found the most beautiful spider ive ever seen.i love ornamentals body shape.i love the blue coloration of certain spiders.(think about it,most spiders are usually a boring shade of brown or dark dull..coloration)BLUE TARANTULA!!remember when you saw that and you reacted!?a blue big ol' spider!well its everything in one.an ornamental(differant body shape from the "regular"tarantula body shape,,and its BLUE!its my holy grail.and believe or not,its p.metallica's nickname...the holy grail of tarantulas(until the next best,and most expensive spider comes along)witch i personally think will be PAMPHOBETEUS NIGRICOLOR(blue bloom)but thats just my opinion.

Last edited:

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
TheDarkFinder said:
Honestly, no.

P. Mettlica is nice but for the price I could get some very beautiful tarantulas. Think about it if it dies you are out some $$$. Congrats on the new addition. But you may find that they are not as popular as you might think.

For me it is just too pricely and not really that beautiful
do you even realize the size of the smile that will instantly grow on your face,if you were the owner of a beautiful saphire orny????man!i worked so haRD to get this spider..for so long.ima shout it off the roof tops MAN!WISH YOU LIKED THIS SPIDE AS MUCH AS I DO..u would get where im coming from.

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
moricollins said:

i didnt nickname it the holy grail...blame that on your fellow arachnofriends

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
fangsalot said:
do you even realize the size of the smile that will instantly grow on your face,if you were the owner of a beautiful saphire orny????man!i worked so haRD to get this spider..for so long.ima shout it off the roof tops MAN!WISH YOU LIKED THIS SPIDE AS MUCH AS I DO..u would get where im coming from.
No more then my M robustum or a simple B. albopilosum put on my face. I have will over 140 tarantulas now. Every single one on of them put a smile on my face it is why I keep them. I know how you feel, but they are not the begin all end all to the arachnoworld. I'm happy you love your new addition.

fangsalot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
TheDarkFinder said:
No more then my M robustum or a simple B. albopilosum put on my face. I have will over 140 tarantulas now. Every single one on of them put a smile on my face it is why I keep them. I know how you feel, but they are not the begin all end all to the arachnoworld. I'm happy you love your new addition.
ok,,what if you said this?...HELL YEAH! CONGRATULATIONS ON A BEAUTIFUL TARANTULA!now i dont know that you would like to see arachnids go up in popularity,but be carefull who you try to make feel that there passion for a certain species isnt valid in this hobby,,because we need all the support that we need if we want arachnids be "mainstream".if thats not what most people want..then lets continue to try and make people feel awkwrd when they try to express there happiness about there new spider."what a new chilean rose hair?aa thats old news..get with the program.personally i think theres much better spiders than that".man..sometimes people here are a little too scientific and less personal wit there "fellow" hobbyist.were ALL IN IT 4 THElove of it.LETS SUPPORT EACH OTHER.

BlackxLilies

Arachnopeon
That is a beautiful species and I'm very happy for you :D

I can relate to the excitement you're feeling, I pretty much felt the same way when I got my first T after years and years of wanting one and not being able to get one, even thought it was just a common g. rosea to me it was and still is the greatest T ever, even as my collection keeps growing, she remains my favorite :)

so yay for you! I really hope your T is a girl lol :)

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
TheDarkFinder said:
I'm happy you love your new addition.
I hate quoting myself.
I'm happy you are happy. I hope it is a girl, but man breath. You have got a wonder tarantula. Enjoy it. Stop worring if I enjoy that you enjoy it. But for me getting there is no difference in a P. mettilica and a P. regales. They are both wonder tarantulas.

thedarkfinder

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
fangsalot said:
i didnt nickname it the holy grail...blame that on your fellow arachnofriends
You mean because ONE dealer calls it that, that everyone thinks it is...:? :?:?

anyways, It's good you like your new addition, congrats.

Endora

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, what an icredible addition. I would love to have one, but my budget diff. doesn't permit me to have one. But they truly are gorgeous. Congrats. :D

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
fangsalot said:
I GOT ONE! I GOT ONE!!finally have a gooty saphire!went to a big reptile show and purchased a gooty sling..i feel like i won the lottery.reaserch and pics and wishing..and i got one!THANXTODD!pics coming as soon as i see some color(female.female...please god female!)thanx everyone on the boards for filling me with the rite info to keep my new baby alive and healthy(i sound like ive won an award or something,lol)
First off congratulations on your newest edition. I think Gooty Sapphire (P. metallica) is the jewel of the hobby if I'm not mistaken. They are stunning and expensive sight to behold nevertheless.

fangsalot said:
ok...am i the only 1 that finds getting a gooty exciting???or is there a new spider in town that everybody is drooling over???lol
I find it stunning, beautiful, and expensive. I have four 1" slings and a 5" female (Don't worry I will post pics as soon as she molts she's in premolt now) and I love them all.